Page 38 of 72 [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 72  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 3:41 pm

I'M GOING TO BUY CASTLEVANIA ORDER OF ECCELSSIA TOMORROW. IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN, WITH SEVERAL WAYS TO KEEP IT FROM BEING TOO HARD.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 6:17 pm

THAT CAP IS OVER 20 YEARS OLD AND LOOK HOW WELL IT HAS HELD UP. SEAMS ARE STILL AS GOOD AS THE DAY IT WAS BOUGHT. QUITE A BIT FADED FROM ITS ORIGINAL BLACK AS A COAL MINE AT MIDNIGHT ON A NEW MOON. PRETTY GOOD VALUE FOR TWELVE DOLLARS IN 1997 OR SO.
AND IT WASN'T UNTIL 2014 THAT I GOT THOSE PAINT SPOTS ON THE VISOR.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm

248RPA wrote:
WHY DO WE NEED CAPITAL AND lowercase LETTERS?

FOUND MAYBE ONE PART OF THE REASON;
Quote:
There are some words that change their meaning based on whether the first letter is capitalized or not. These words are collectively known as “capitonyms”. These capitonyms are particularly troublesome when they appear at the beginning of a sentence, as there is no way, based on the single word alone, to tell which meaning is being referred to. Examples of these include: August vs. august (month vs “majestic or venerable”); Calorie vs. calorie (1000 calories vs. 1 calorie); Moon vs. moon (the Earth’s natural satellite vs. any natural satellite)

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... is-called/

ANOTHER FIND
Quote:
Sometimes we call big letters majuscules and little letters minuscules, and the big letters are also called capitals. Did you know the terms uppercase and lowercase come from typesetting?

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/educat ... -lowercase

AND ANOTHER
Quote:
Over time, however, it was only natural that smaller versions of each letter would develop. This probably happened as letters were written quickly. To save time and space, letters became smaller and more rounded as scribes hurried to finish their work.

These smaller versions of letters eventually evolved into an entire miniscule set of letters. Compared to majuscule versions, the miniscule versions offered improved and faster readability in addition to being easier and faster to write.

The distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters doesn't exist in all languages, though. Certain Eastern and Asian writing systems, including certain Indian, Chinese, and Japanese alphabets, do not distinguish between uppercase and lowercase letters.

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-are- ... se-letters

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm

NAMIDA NO AME TO KANASHIMI NO KIMOCHI.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Apr 2017, 1:34 pm

WHAT, YOU GUYS?!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:21 pm

^HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW JAPANESE, BY THE WAY, [IF AT ALL]?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 2:05 am

PRETTY WELL!

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2017, 1:03 pm

I DON'T KNOW A LICK OF JAPANESE, BUT I JUST LEARNED HOW TO ORDER NAMES THE JAPANESE WAY!

Quote:
I am Kayaba Akihiko, and I have trapped you in this game for 2 whole years. Were you surprised?

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 2:57 pm

^ I MIGHT BE ABLE TO TEACH YOU A BIT IF YOU'D LIKE!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

I'D BE HAPPY TO HELP AS WELL! :D

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 1:50 pm

WATASHI WA KAWAII KONEKO-CHAN [DESU].

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2017, 12:32 pm

THAT WOULD BE EPIC! THANKS, EQUESTRIATOLA AND KURAUDO!

Edit: CONTACT ME VIA PM, IT'S THE BEST WAY TO FIND YOU WITHOUT HAVING TO SECRETLY TYPE MY INTENTIONS THROUGH MULTIPLE POSTS.

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 3:56 pm

I'M MISTER TORGUE FROM BORDERLANDS AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD ON WRONGPLANET.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:15 am

I AM WATCHING A NEAT ANIME.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 May 2017, 11:44 am

I CAN'T SOMEHOW SEE YOU AS SOMEONE WHO EVER YELLS, KURAUDO!

WOLD BE NICE TO START A TELEPATHIC THREAD - BUT THEN AGAIN... :mrgreen:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 12:23 pm

^THE MOST I'VE EVER YELLED IS WHEN I WAS A BABY AND A LITTLE ONE, ESPECIALLY IF I HAD A MELTDOWN [THOUGH THAT WAS MORE CRYING AND SCREAMING THAN ANYTHING...]