Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:36 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I remember late night programming before it became so universal , I remember CBS-owned stations having " The Late Show " (old movies) , and even " The Late Late Show " and " Late Late Late Show " ! :wink: There was a recreation of TLS's title card + music on YouTube .

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Stompgal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2018, 6:58 am

When I was browsing my Facebook feed quite a few years ago I saw that a nostalgia page I followed posted a picture of an old TV and inside the TV was a message that asked followers if they remembered hearing the national anthem before the channel/station closed down/signed off at midnight. At first I thought this was only an American thing (I'm British) but when I searched on YouTube for TV station/channel sign-offs/closedowns I found several from the BBC, particularly from the 1990s like the one I embedded in this message. It turned out that several countries had sign-offs/closedowns including Canada, Ireland and Australia. I then went through a phase of watching these sign-offs/closedowns, particularly from BBC One, and although I most likely never saw them as a child, I remember seeing the clock from the embedded video above during the daytime as well as the test card with a girl and a toy clown in front of a blackboard when there was a technical fault.

Warning: the long high pitched beep at the end of the video might be a sensory trigger to some.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:35 am

One from the UK - BBC1 from 1986:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Interesting that the discussion on TV-station sign-offs continues; while some of us are describing what we watched on TV growing up!