Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2016, 3:53 am

Okay this is hard to admit but I sometimes have these thoughts like when my family makes really mad I think about hurting/killing them and then I feel guilty for thinking that and I start crying to their confusion I love them why do I think this?

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 12:51 pm

I think a lot of people have those thoughts. But it seems like you don't want yours and that they just happen. It sounds very like OCD.

It isn't coming from you. It's probably coming from something you saw or watched or heard. Do you remember the first time it happened? Had you at the time or recently seen or read or heard an example of someone else having those thoughts at those times but they actually meant it and it scared you? Were you surprised that people do that and were worried you might do it too? Even if you can't remember a specific example, that is probably what happened. So now when an interaction happens, it triggers that memory and that connection between the "cause" (the "bad" interaction) and the "effect" (the thoughts you don't want), and BAM!, you have those thoughts. Does that sound like what you are experiencing?

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2016, 5:28 pm

QuiversWhiskers wrote:
I think a lot of people have those thoughts. But it seems like you don't want yours and that they just happen. It sounds very like OCD.

It isn't coming from you. It's probably coming from something you saw or watched or heard. Do you remember the first time it happened? Had you at the time or recently seen or read or heard an example of someone else having those thoughts at those times but they actually meant it and it scared you? Were you surprised that people do that and were worried you might do it too? Even if you can't remember a specific example, that is probably what happened. So now when an interaction happens, it triggers that memory and that connection between the "cause" (the "bad" interaction) and the "effect" (the thoughts you don't want), and BAM!, you have those thoughts. Does that sound like what you are experiencing?

I think it is because I watched crime shows where people kill there family members. I think I was wondering what if I or some one in my family did that? That thought scared me.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 2:26 pm

I have a similar problem. I have these thoughts that I committed a crime and then blocked it out of my mind or committed a crime during a blackout and was never caught. Sometimes I have thoughts that I might accidentally stab someone with a knife, even though I don't actually want to hurt anyone. I just fear that I might snap or lose control.

I think it's OCD. Either that or I am killer with a guilty conscious. I hope it's the first one although I'm not really certain.

There's a type of OCD called harm OCD You might have it. There aren't necessarily obvious compulsions to the outsider so it doesn't always get diagnosed correctly.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 6:17 pm

Don't worry. It's normal to have thoughts of hurting people when they make you really mad. A lot of people have thoughts like that. You don't have to act on those thoughts.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2016, 12:52 am

When I was really frustrated with life & didn't really understand my Aspergers, I thought people including my parents were out to get me & I fantasied about harming them. It was sort of a coping mechanism cuz of being frustrated & not understanding things & my OCD kind of ran with it. I didn't really feel guilty thou & I still don't I would never do that rite now but I don't feel guilty cuz I know it was the way my mind was reacting to very frustrating stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2016, 1:08 am

nick007 wrote:
When I was really frustrated with life & didn't really understand my Aspergers, I thought people including my parents were out to get me & I fantasied about harming them. It was sort of a coping mechanism cuz of being frustrated & not understanding things & my OCD kind of ran with it. I didn't really feel guilty thou & I still don't I would never do that rite now but I don't feel guilty cuz I know it was the way my mind was reacting to very frustrating stuff.

Yeah I'm very frustrated and stressed too. I think my violent thought are a coping mechanism too.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 1:51 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
I have a similar problem. I have these thoughts that I committed a crime and then blocked it out of my mind or committed a crime during a blackout and was never caught. Sometimes I have thoughts that I might accidentally stab someone with a knife, even though I don't actually want to hurt anyone. I just fear that I might snap or lose control.

I think it's OCD. Either that or I am killer with a guilty conscious. I hope it's the first one although I'm not really certain.

There's a type of OCD called harm OCD You might have it. There aren't necessarily obvious compulsions to the outsider so it doesn't always get diagnosed correctly.

I have this too. It's horrible.

It is part of OCD and is also seen in ASD. It is called pathological doubt.

Here's an article: http://cnsdiseases.com/pathological-dou ... ce-seeking