Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 10:32 am

As far as I can see, as an autistic person I'm allowed to be as proud as I want to be, so I agree with Fnord that the OP's question is itself questionable. But I think it's probably true that the world is in general rather ashamed of autistic people, and that this "not disabled just different" thing isn't echoed by the majority. I don't bother much with pride, I think it's dangerous, so I confine my reaction to refusing to feel ashamed of myself. Displays of group pride just annoy me, I see them as a over-reaction, a denial of inner doubt about the group's worth.

UrchinStar47
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2016, 8:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
Leave him alone Fnord, you never have anything nice to say to anyone. Virtually all of your posts either attack or dismiss people, and you make people feel bad about themselves. My evidence is my direct observation of your behaviour on these boards for the past four years I've been here. If you would like specific examples, I refer you to your own post history page...
Questioning the validity of claims is not the same as attacking the people making the claims.

In this thread, for example, I was trying to find out if the OP's claim of not being allowed to be proud was an empirical fact or just a subjective opinion. If factual, then it would be worthwhile for me to look into on my own. If opinion, then it is not worth my time.

As it turns out, it has (eventually) dawned on me that the OP was merely stating his opinion.

Again, I could be completely wrong, so let's just wait and see what develops, shall we?

It didn't strike you as a weird idea to ask a person for peer reviewed papers on how other people treat the same individual?

Simply asking for a paper makes no sense whatsoever. Please refine what you are asking.