Making a Murderer out of the innocent

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

The U.S. criminal "justice" system is well on its way to making convicts of innocents, with a choice lie from the prosecutor designed to mislead the jury:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marsha-le ... 33276.html

I've heard also that now in Louisiana a lot of criminal defendants cannot get any legal representation, because there is not enough money given to public defenders, but oh they want to make sure the prosecutors are well-funded:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... surpr.html

We need a REVOLUTION in our criminal "justice" system! I'd say Bernie Sanders is most likely to bring this about, so go Sanders!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 11:03 pm

beneficii wrote:
The U.S. criminal "justice" system is well on its way to making convicts of innocents, with a choice lie from the prosecutor designed to mislead the jury:

I've heard also that now in Louisiana a lot of criminal defendants cannot get any legal representation, because there is not enough money given to public defenders, but oh they want to make sure the prosecutors are well-funded:

We need a REVOLUTION in our criminal "justice" system! I'd say Bernie Sanders is most likely to bring this about, so go Sanders!

Does Sanders have a record of criminal justice reform activities as a senator?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 11:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
beneficii wrote:

I don't know if he does or not, but he certainly comes across as the only candidate this time around who'd care.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 1:55 am

Raptor wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Yes

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 4:17 am

I watched the whole series. Someone needs to get Brendan Dassey out of jail.

I think there is a chance that Avery might be guilty but I actually think it is more likely that he is innocent of the crime he was accused of. The film has to be taken with a grain of salt but anyone with half a brain knows that false confessions do happen and police and lawyers are sometimes (should I say often) corrupt.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Feb 2016, 10:49 am

I was in Wisconsin when he got released from the prison the 1st time and remember when he got arrested the 2nd, it was huge news in the state. I didn't watch the documentary but I am not surprised that the good ole boys up in Manitowoc would botch things so badly, I can tell you Wisconsin has a very disturbing police culture in these small town as well as the big ones like Milwaukee and it definitely needs to change. Notoriously corrupt as well as notorious **** ups, real dicks in real life too when you have a face to face encounter, and absolutely no accountability. Does anybody remember Bambi Bembenek? I was roughed up by Wisconsin police, knock on wood but Arizona one's haven't touched me. These small towns are run by a networks of good ole boys, if you ain't from there then you ain't going to work there because they take care of their own and there aren't many jobs available in rural Wisconsin unless you're a landowner and can farm or something. The DNR works as a paramilitary here, it's insane.

'Saying that, I have almost no doubt the Steven Avery is guilty of murder Teresa Hallbach, the lengths to these incompetents would have to go to "set up" Avery is seemingly impossible and who else killed this woman? Occam's Razor, she was killed on his property where they found her car as well as bone fragments/teeth in a burn barrel. He called specifically for Hallbach to come at that day and he was the last person seen with her. I think I heard someone said they thought it might be Steven's brother but I really doubt it. I look at this guy and see a sociopath, a guy that who may of wrongly convicted of rape but still had a black heart, did they mention him tossing cats into campfires?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 12:23 pm

beneficii wrote:

Found this SCUS case that applies to the 6th amendment.

Gideon v. Wainwright
372 U.S. 335 (1963)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_v._Wainwright

Quote:
The Florida court declined to appoint counsel for Gideon. As a result, he was forced to act as his own counsel and conduct his own defense in court, emphasizing his innocence in the case. At the conclusion of the trial the jury returned a guilty verdict. The court sentenced Gideon to serve five years in the state prison.

From the prison cell at Florida State Prison, making use of the prison library and writing in pencil on prison stationery,[1] Gideon appealed to the United States Supreme Court in a suit against the Secretary of the Florida Department of Corrections, H.G. Cochran. Cochran later retired and was replaced with Louie L. Wainwright before the case was heard by the Supreme Court. Gideon argued in his appeal that he had been denied counsel and, therefore, his Sixth Amendment rights, as applied to the states by the Fourteenth Amendment, had been violated.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 12:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
beneficii wrote:

I don't know if he does or not, but he certainly comes across as the only candidate this time around who'd care.

Yes of course he does.
Let's all sing together please. :D

Bernie loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red & yellow,black & white
they're precious in his sight
Bernie loves the little children of the world.

There, now doesnt that just fill your heart with love? :flower:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 2:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Yes of course he does.
Let's all sing together please. :D

Bernie loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red & yellow,black & white
they're precious in his sight
Bernie loves the little children of the world.

There, now doesnt that just fill your heart with love? :flower:

Name any other Presidential candidate who also cares. The amoral Hillary? The bloviating windbag, Trump? The calculating, sinister Texan, Cruz?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 2:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Name any other Presidential candidate who also cares. The amoral Hillary? The bloviating windbag, Trump? The calculating, sinister Texan, Cruz?

Any other candidate? That implies that one of them actually cares.
Old Bernie "cares" about getting your vote and that's about it.
I have no naive childish illusions about any politician caring.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 4:37 pm

Rand Paul was the only one with a really substantive record on criminal justice reform before he dropped out, it's too bad he tried to pander to what he thought was the base rather than distinguishing himself on the issues he stood out on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Any other candidate? That implies that one of them actually cares.
Old Bernie "cares" about getting your vote and that's about it.
I have no naive childish illusions about any politician caring.

So, cynicism is your learned behavior when faced by the fact that the conservative ideology does absolutely nothing for you in return for your allegiance?
And no, I don't see Sanders as the Second Coming, nor do I believe he'll be able to deliver on everything he promises. But he's got far more credibility than any of his competition.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 6:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, cynicism is your learned behavior when faced by the fact that the conservative ideology does absolutely nothing for you in return for your allegiance?

If you mean if that conservative ideology doesn’t promise to give me free stuff you’re right. I'm not looking for entitlements and handouts under the pretense of "justice".

Quote:
And no, I don't see Sanders as the Second Coming, nor do I believe he'll be able to deliver on everything he promises. But he's got far more credibility than any of his competition.

Maybe not the Second Coming but it appears that you do see him as another Uncle Sugar or a Robin Hood.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 8:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I didn't watch the documentary

'Saying that, I have almost no doubt the Steven Avery is guilty of murder Teresa Hallbach, the lengths to these incompetents would have to go to "set up" Avery is seemingly impossible and who else killed this woman? Occam's Razor, she was killed on his property where they found her car as well as bone fragments/teeth in a burn barrel. He called specifically for Hallbach to come at that day and he was the last person seen with her. I think I heard someone said they thought it might be Steven's brother but I really doubt it. I look at this guy and see a sociopath, a guy that who may of wrongly convicted of rape but still had a black heart, did they mention him tossing cats into campfires?

Watch it and tell me you still think this. I can't see how anyone would reasonably believe he committed this crime based on the lack of crucial evidence. They found no blood. Anywhere. They searched his property for weeks. Tore up the cracked concrete in the garage in case blood dripped down. Not a drop. Except on the SUV that was lazily covered with branches a few hundred yards from a car crusher. And the blood vial from his prior 'conviction' just so happened to have a syringe hole in the top. Oh and lets not forget that he was about to get a very large check from the county PD on his lawsuit that he wouldn't get if he went to jail!

It goes on and on. Watch it. I believed the police actually murdered the girl. But that's less obvious. What's obvious is he didn't do this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 8:57 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If you mean if that conservative ideology doesn’t promise to give me free stuff you’re right. I'm not looking for entitlements and handouts under the pretense of "justice".

Quote:

Maybe not the Second Coming but it appears that you do see him as another Uncle Sugar or a Robin Hood.

Oh, I beg to differ. The Republican party promises tax breaks to the wealthy, who hardly need them, and put the burden on the middle class with taxation, and on the poor, because the social programs they often need have been cut to pay for those Goddamn tax cuts. So, no, you're party does give money away, just not to you.
And what's wrong with Robin Hood? Is King John, or the Sheriff of Nottingham supposed to be the real heroes of the stories, with all their oppression of the poor?
And Uncle Sugar? I thought you guys on the right were supposed to be so patriotic! You do know that that's just denigrating the name of the United States, don't you?
And why the hell shouldn't the government actively provide services to the people - especially to the most needy and vulnerable? If the poisoning of the drinking water in Flint, Michigan, has taught us anything, it's that government that believes it should stay out of people's lives by not helping them will have absolutely no compunction against hurting them. And the douche bag governor who appointed the un-elected emergency manager over the city, who caused this mess, most definitely believes in that government-out-of-our-lives bullsh*t.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Oh, I beg to differ. The Republican party promises tax breaks to the wealthy, who hardly need them, and put the burden on the middle class with taxation, and on the poor, because the social programs they often need have been cut to pay for those Goddamn tax cuts. So, no, you're party does give money away, just not to you.

Me is who we were talking about.

Quote:
And what's wrong with Robin Hood? Is King John, or the Sheriff of Nottingham supposed to be the real heroes of the stories, with all their oppression of the poor?

Yeah, except now the Sheriff of Nottingham IS the government and there is no Robin Hood.
:roll:

Quote:
And Uncle Sugar? I thought you guys on the right were supposed to be so patriotic! You do know that that's just denigrating the name of the United States, don't you?

I'm not the one who see's the USA as a big sow with titties to to suckle off of.
Besides, you should know better than to try and make a conservative sociopath feel guilty.

Quote:
And why the hell shouldn't the government actively provide services to the people - especially to the most needy and vulnerable? If the poisoning of the drinking water in Flint, Michigan, has taught us anything, it's that government that believes it should stay out of people's lives by not helping them will have absolutely no compunction against hurting them. And the douche bag governor who appointed the un-elected emergency manager over the city, who caused this mess, most definitely believes in that government-out-of-our-lives bullsh*t.

You mean why the hell shouldn't government bureaucrats get fat off of the taxpayer while throwing a few table scraps (i.e. social services) to the unwashed masses.

Gee that was easy. :lol: