Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 11:58 pm

The backstory is that Carly Fleishmann was non verbal and not ever expected to communicate or understand but one day as a teen via typing she did. This created a lot of media interest and she used that to become one of the most popular autism advocates. She was going to college. After she chose electric schock treatment for OCD in 2024 she lost the ability to communicate. Late last year she started regaining the ability to communicate. On October 30 she posted this on her Facebook page

Quote:
Hellooooooooo world! As you might be able to see I am typing again. I am lost on what has happend for a whole year and a half of my life. I am feeling really lost and overwhelmed with my new life. I have been reading some of the posts you have written and I want to say thank you for your support. It means a lot to me. I promise I will post again but I need some time to figure out what happend to me and where I go from here. Thank you

Carly's Voice Facebook Page

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman