Veteran

03 May 2016, 8:16 pm

Wow, thank you very much, LaMereLoi.

LaMereLoi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 May 2016, 8:27 pm

You are welcome.

More French-speaking people is good news to me...as long as the production of cheese increases accordingly ^_^

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2016, 8:17 pm

Tu as décidé de créer ce fil comme une débutante du français ?

Drawyer wrote:
This thread is for anybody who wants to learn Français but I agree with my prediction of this thread being monopolized by me in the end haha. I have reason to learn this language so I'll post little by little on a random basis.

Bien sûr mon français est aussi sans pratique mais peut-être je peux le recommencer...

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 3:18 am

^ lol English pls. You know google translate is bad.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 11:06 am

Drawyer wrote:
^ lol English pls. You know google translate is bad.

You decided to create this thread as a beginner in French ?
Although my own French is of course a bit rusty but maybe I can resume...
Ban-Dodger wrote:
Tu as décidé de créer ce fil comme une débutante du français ?
Drawyer wrote:
This thread is for anybody who wants to learn Français but I agree with my prediction of this thread being monopolized by me in the end haha. I have reason to learn this language so I'll post little by little on a random basis.

Bien sûr mon français est aussi sans pratique mais peut-être je peux le recommencer...

Are you really trying to learn other language ? I will give you the fastest method to speaking fluenty (does not necessarily teach you grammar which I feel is best learned from academic-institutions). All you need to do is think up a category that is of frequent interest to you (and I don't mean solely using the language itself as the interest, but something that you would actually have conversations with, things that compel you do study and research on your own, etc).

For example, I am frequently interested in a number of documentaries, particularly the ones that expose conspiratorial-elements in society. Therefore, I would look for a documentary with appropriate sub-titles, and start from the beginning, replaying each sentence until I can auto-translate from either French-to-English or English-to-French in my mind upon hearing it being said in either language. For pronounciation's sake, and key listening practice, you are better off finding a film that speaks French with English sub-titles. For reading and spelling skills, you would go the other way around, such as with the following clip...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQhQTyOKMI&loop=12&start=39:02&end=39:15
Just replay the same sentence over and over until it becomes natural then move on to the next sentence. This is the fastest study method that I currently know for gaining rapid fluency if you just repeat it all day long every day (next closest simulation to living in a French-speaking country itself). Some other things you can do is switch your music to French-only, play video-games in French-only, configure your key-board so that you're only typing with the standard French-configuration AZERTY keyboard, install all of your computer-software in French, switch your Skype/Browser/Search-Engine/etc., language/location to French, only install programs/apps/software in French, configure your You-Tube/gMail-Accounts to display only in French, search & buy products in French via using the French-language key-words for the products that you might be looking to order on-line, actively translate your e-mails into French, run your thoughts in French (such that you are only using French even when having dreams/etc).

somebody300
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2016, 6:28 pm

Mais bordel le de merde, c'est quoi ce comportement passif-agressif? :(
Est-ce que c'est vraiment impossible d'avoir une discussion amicale?

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 8:27 am

^
Oh.. you live in France, slightly envy you.
( Anyway I found nothing passive aggressive...Maybe I missed something in the post above?)

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 8:30 am

@ Ban-Dodger

Thank you for the useful suggestions!

Right now I have zero will power to learn French;
Having no specific reason to learn French except for personal curiosity, I failed to build the excitement, keep motivated as soon as more necessary things came to me.

Personally I need to see a rough structure of grammar in one picture first before going further, which has been the way I've learned any sort of languages. After that I'm sure I would use your suggestions as that's the way I've learned as well.

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2016, 12:24 am

LaMereLoi wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
LaMereLoi wrote:
Drawyer wrote:
I've just found out that this language is insane. I'm getting very depressed.

Mais non, mais non, faut pas

Le français, c'est idéal pour emballer, hu hu hu... :idea:

"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose".

To get you more confused...

I am sorry if it sounded like a joke but I really meant to encourage Drawyer.
What I meant was that French is a great langage.

Je suis desolée de répondre trop tard mais ce n'était pas mon inténtion qu'on ne parle/écrire/etude pas francais ici :D Au contraire je veux que tous qui sont intressés á parler ou étudier francais, on doit avoir possibilité á etudier francais!

^
Non, ne quitte pas, Drawyer! :D

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 7:01 am

^ Even though I don't understand what you said, take this :heart: and a silly smile :mrgreen: .

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2016, 12:00 pm

Drawyer wrote:
^ Even though I don't understand what you said, take this :heart: and a silly smile :mrgreen: .

You are welcome! :-)

To put it briefly, I just apologized that my intention was not to encourage some one not to study French and I think that all those who would like to study French should have a possibility to do so.

And so I encouraged you to carry on!

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 9:32 pm

^ Thanks. :) I think some supernatural power is needed for me to start French again.

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2016, 8:44 am

Drawyer wrote:
^ Thanks. :) I think some supernatural power is needed for me to start French again.

Merci beaucoup et je vous en prie ;-)
(Thank you and you are welcome - literally translated I ask you for it).

I know French isn't easy to learn - I mean if you want to speak and write it properly. I studied it for 5 years and rarely use it. :-) But at least you can expand your view by learning a bit of some language.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
Je suis desolée de répondre trop tard mais ce n'était pas mon inténtion qu'on ne parle/écrire/etude pas francais ici :D Au contraire je veux que tous qui sont intressés á parler ou étudier francais, on doit avoir possibilité á etudier francais!

^

Corrected: Désolé de répondre si tard, mais ce n'était pas mon intention qu'on ne pratique pas le français :D Au contraire, je désire que tous ceux intéressés par le français puisse le parler ou l'étudier.

^
N'abandonne pas Drawyer.

Sorry :oops:

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2016, 1:10 pm

Tollorin wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:

^

Corrected: Désolé de répondre si tard, mais ce n'était pas mon intention qu'on ne pratique pas le français :D Au contraire, je désire que tous ceux intéressés par le français puisse le parler ou l'étudier.

^
N'abandonne pas Drawyer.

Merci :) Je suis heureuse que quelqu'un corrige mon francais.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 2:51 am

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:

^

Corrected: Désolé de répondre si tard, mais ce n'était pas mon intention qu'on ne pratique pas le français :D Au contraire,

^
N'abandonne pas Drawyer.

Merci :) Je suis heureuse que quelqu'un corrige mon francais.

au secours, correcting the corrected, je désire que tous ceux intéressés par le français puisseNT le parler ou l'étudier.