Hilton launching new brand for Millennials...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

Quote:
Tru by Hilton's innovative features include:

The Hive, a first floor experience that's more than a lobby - 2,770 square-feet of open space with unique ways for guests to engage with others or spend time alone - in one of four distinct zones for lounging, working, eating or playing.
The Play Zone, filled with table games, a large-screen TV (featuring DIRECTV), and tiered, stadium-inspired seating.
A centrally located Command Center - a re-envisioned front desk - featuring a social media wall with real-time content to foster engagement among guests, and a 24/7 market offering fun snacks and refreshments, single-serve wine and beer*, healthy light meal options and sundries for purchase.
A technology-forward mentality featuring segment-leading complimentary Wi-Fi bandwidth allowing guests to download and stream content on their devices, plentiful power sources, and mobile check-in, room selection and Digital Key available through the Hilton HHonors mobile app.
A collaboration with DIRECTV, offering guests more than 150 channels, like they have at home.
A brand personality that's full of life with a spirited culture grounded in a thoughtful, reliable and unflappable approach to guest service.
"More than 40 percent of all U.S. hotel stays are within the midscale and economy sectors[1] and Tru by Hilton addresses a gap in the marketplace by appealing to the youthful mindset demographic, pushing the industry to marry quality and value," said Jim Holthouser, executive vice president, global brands, Hilton Worldwide. "We're breaking through the clutter of undistinguished offerings to capture the hearts of today's travelers and anticipating the needs of tomorrow's guests, while delivering a hotel that's a place travelers will want to go to rather than just through."

More information about Tru by Hilton can be found at http://www.trubyhilton.com.

Tru is designed for Millennials (there is no agreed upon time frame for this generation), by using market research, available data and social media.

What is Millennial? Essentially anyone born after the U.S. Bicentennial (July 4th 1976).

So who's going Tru?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

Seems like it would be expensive, otherwise seems like it could be rather cool. I wonder if the pricing reflects the sort of income most millennials actually have.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Seems like it would be expensive, otherwise seems like it could be rather cool. I wonder if the pricing reflects the sort of income most millennials actually have.

The pricing is $70-$95.

This is all based on data that "shows" millennials don't like luxurious and classy stuff, like the previous generations.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:48 pm

I am unimpressed. The artist renditions appear to me to be Pee Wee's Playhouse meets high-school cafeteria.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:17 pm

xenocity wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The pricing is $70-$95.

This is all based on data that "shows" millennials don't like luxurious and classy stuff, like the previous generations.

Hmm, that isn't too bad actually not much more than most places...aside from all the gross cheap meth infested motels that line parts of Colfax, the street I live off of. Though truth be told most of the lore about this street comes from the east side of it and I live more on the western end of it.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

It looks really UGLY!! ! It looks like Disney's Pop Century and Universal's Cabana Bay had a loud obnoxious baby!! !

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 9:07 am

AspieUtah wrote:
I am unimpressed. The artist renditions appear to me to be Pee Wee's Playhouse meets high-school cafeteria.

They are targetting people born between 1980 and 2000.

If it's not to your liking, they may have got it right.

I suspect this will be a success.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 9:22 am

AntDog wrote:
It looks really UGLY!! ! It looks like Disney's Pop Century and Universal's Cabana Bay had a loud obnoxious baby!! !

I was about to say, if the colors, and color combinations used were any brighter, it would look as if the hotel was designed by Playskool.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm

Adamantium wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

They are targetting people born between 1980 and 2000.

If it's not to your liking, they may have got it right.

I suspect this will be a success.

Actually the end date of the millennials hasn't be decided yet and many demographers want to including this decade to into the range.

i highly doubt this will succeed, based on misinterpretation of data and social media.