Is there any link between ASD and chronic pain?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

plainjain wrote:
ha ha, auntblabby, I just bought a bottle of frankinscence. I was on another forum, and a former doctor from my local medical college popped on to say that it can turn off the chronic pain signals that the gene produces. He also recommended turmeric and cat's claw as remedies that produce the same effect. I might not have listened to him so much, except that he's been researching genetics since the nineties.
Here is a link to his research papers:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ma ... blications
I asked him if Myrrh Resin was another remedy like that, because I once took it and the worst of my neck pain went away and never came back, even though I stopped taking the Myrrh, but he didn't answer. In his original post, though, he mentioned that this effect is called, "transcriptional regulation", so I suppose I can try to learn more about that. You know, in my spare time I will become a geneticist. ha ha.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrip ... regulation
It's good to meet people who know about herbs and supplements! Thank you for all of your input!

thanx for all the good info :idea: remember that the curcumin is only bioavailable when taken with piperine [black pepper extract], between 5-20mg daily. and the curcumin when taken with the piperine, becomes therapeutic at levels above 1 gram.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

Sigh. Do you have any idea how much turmeric/curcumin I ingested?? ha ha ha. I wish I had known about the piperine back then! I will try to keep that in mind, thank you!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:53 pm

plainjain wrote:
Sigh. Do you have any idea how much turmeric/curcumin I ingested?? ha ha ha. I wish I had known about the piperine back then! I will try to keep that in mind, thank you!

doesn't matter as much how much you ingested [past tense] as how much you ingest from here on out. I get by on 2 grams curcumin concentrate, and 20 grams piperine, daily.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

true! thank you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:56 pm

^^^prego :) am still waiting to see if the concentrated boswallic acids [indian frankincense] do me any good.

delightfullyodd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

For me, there absolutely is. I've had fibromyalgia and migraines for most of my life (diagnosed in late teens and early twenties respectively), and they're both triggered or worsened by the stress and sensory overload that seems to be a big part of my autistic experience. It' one of the reasons I'm so happy to have FINALLY figured out what the hell is going on with my wiring, because I feel like I've got a better shot at managing those triggers and reducing the particular stresses of living in this crazy world with next to no filters.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:29 pm

My chronic pain makes it difficult to concentrate, so difficult that I had to quit my last job due to my inability to memorize all the software I was supposed to. I've had injections for my carpal tunnel, but its acting up again. When I hurt I can't really listen closely to what people are telling me, which makes me look very ASPie.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

Do you have MDD? I know it is linked with ASD and chronic pain.