Is there any link between ASD and chronic pain?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2016, 1:36 pm

That was a very good video, slave . . . I'm going to look at the website when I get a chance! Thanks very much for posting it. I haven't got time to write very much more, right now, but I wanted to say I just noticed how much older you are than me, and it made me smile! What is it like to have lived for so long? I once spoke to an elderly man who remembers what it was like before there were telephone poles and wires everywhere. He said that when he thinks back on it, it really does make a difference in the view, and things were better without the poles and wires. He said that things feel more closed in, now.

Now, sometimes I think about it myself, even though I don't remember the world without them, and to me they look sort of like a sky-cage.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 7:11 pm

plainjain wrote:
That was a very good video, slave . . . I'm going to look at the website when I get a chance! Thanks very much for posting it. I haven't got time to write very much more, right now, but I wanted to say I just noticed how much older you are than me, and it made me smile! What is it like to have lived for so long? I once spoke to an elderly man who remembers what it was like before there were telephone poles and wires everywhere. He said that when he thinks back on it, it really does make a difference in the view, and things were better without the poles and wires. He said that things feel more closed in, now.

Now, sometimes I think about it myself, even though I don't remember the world without them, and to me they look sort of like a sky-cage.

I'm very pleased that you found the video meaningful. :D
There is other content avail. on this topic on the WWW, I hope it will help you heal and grow.

Age means very little mentally, but it means a lot physically.
Aging is difficult but none of us have a choice.... :lol:
C'est la vie. :lol:

The rate of change is so extreme now that it is impossible to keep up.
I just try to stay reasonably well informed....and help a few people if i can.

If you ever want to discuss PTSD treatment, etc.... drop me a line, i'll be glad to try and help you :D

Peace.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2016, 10:38 am

Hello, Jo_B1_Kenobi, I hope you're feeling all right today. I wish I could wave a magic wand, and take away your pains.

I did find the video meaningful, slave, and I've been back to the video page for that site, and watched their two videos posted with the title 'Holistic Psychiatry'. They were very good. The second video discusses the health of the gut, digestive enzymes, fatty acids, and micro-nutrients. That helps me to believe I'm on the right track. I was diagnosed with CPTSD many years ago, and have not followed up with working on that in my personal life. Maybe I could have been pain free a decade ago, if I had addressed that more completely, or mentioned it to the psychiatrist and therapist I saw more recently. Unfortunately, my memory is so horrible, I just didn't remember to mention it. They weren't a holistic practice, anyway, and probably would not have focused on gut health.

I figure you're right that age doesn't mean much mentally. Unless a person has really spent those years trying to study! I've found that most of my favorite doctors for example, so far, have mostly been the older ones who are on the verge of retirement.

Yes, some days go by for me, too, and I feel like I'm overwhelmed. Sometimes it's good to just go sit in the woods. On the other hand, once I went off to be alone in the woods, and ended up face to face with a black bear. 8O This is just how my luck seems to go. Maybe I'm too negative, though. Some people might say that I'm pretty lucky because obviously, I made it back out of the woods!

Thank you for the offer to drop you a line. I think I will do that!

Take it easy.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2016, 11:52 am

slave, I tried to send a PM, but I think I messed it up. Maybe if you send me one, I can reply? I'm sorry if I sent you like 5 PM's, ha ha.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 9:18 pm

plainjain wrote:
slave, I tried to send a PM, but I think I messed it up. Maybe if you send me one, I can reply? I'm sorry if I sent you like 5 PM's, ha ha.

I sent a PM. :D
Hope it works.
This site has many glitches.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm

ohhhh . . . you mean the glitch might not be me?? There's a new concept. ha ha.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm

AFAIC this world is one big glitch.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

:lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 6:34 pm

heaven is the master control program and this world is just an early beta, or even alpha.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2016, 9:23 am

I wish they would fix the glitch that causes chronic pain, auntblabby!

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

^^^mee tooo. :| pain is a pain. :x

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 11:50 pm

:D :lol:

plainjain wrote:
ohhhh . . . you mean the glitch might not be me?? There's a new concept. ha ha.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2016, 8:49 am

Pain and Malnutrition, from the World Health Organization:

http://www.who.int/mental_health/neurol ... lenges.pdf

(I'm adding vitamin B6 to my supplements, Jo_B1_Kenobi, because I have pain, depression, and migraines, so that sounds like me!)

Access to Pain Management as a Human Right, from the World Health Organization:

http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/docume ... 8774en.pdf

(Just because it was interesting to me, and I thought it might be interesting to all of you, too!)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 11:41 pm

some folk [me] swear by boswellia seratta [indian frankinsense], purified curcumin and piperine for pain/inflammation relief.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2016, 1:22 pm

ha ha, auntblabby, I just bought a bottle of frankinscence. I was on another forum, and a former doctor from my local medical college popped on to say that it can turn off the chronic pain signals that the gene produces. He also recommended turmeric and cat's claw as remedies that produce the same effect. I might not have listened to him so much, except that he's been researching genetics since the nineties.

Here is a link to his research papers:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ma ... blications

I asked him if Myrrh Resin was another remedy like that, because I once took it and the worst of my neck pain went away and never came back, even though I stopped taking the Myrrh, but he didn't answer. In his original post, though, he mentioned that this effect is called, "transcriptional regulation", so I suppose I can try to learn more about that. You know, in my spare time I will become a geneticist. ha ha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrip ... regulation

It's good to meet people who know about herbs and supplements! Thank you for all of your input!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

plainjain wrote:
ha ha, auntblabby, I just bought a bottle of frankinscence. I was on another forum, and a former doctor from my local medical college popped on to say that it can turn off the chronic pain signals that the gene produces. He also recommended turmeric and cat's claw as remedies that produce the same effect. I might not have listened to him so much, except that he's been researching genetics since the nineties.
Here is a link to his research papers:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ma ... blications
I asked him if Myrrh Resin was another remedy like that, because I once took it and the worst of my neck pain went away and never came back, even though I stopped taking the Myrrh, but he didn't answer. In his original post, though, he mentioned that this effect is called, "transcriptional regulation", so I suppose I can try to learn more about that. You know, in my spare time I will become a geneticist. ha ha.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrip ... regulation
It's good to meet people who know about herbs and supplements! Thank you for all of your input!

thanx for all the good info :idea: remember that the curcumin is only bioavailable when taken with piperine [black pepper extract], between 5-20mg daily. and the curcumin when taken with the piperine, becomes therapeutic at levels above 1 gram.