Just how one find their 'type'?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm

I'm already aware of what kind of females I'm attracted to.

What I do is, I compare all girls I've dated or been attracted to, and find the similarities. Even if they're all very different, I can find the averages. I assume these must be the traits I'm attracted to, as I'm drawn to them so often. For instance, even if some of the females i've been attracted to have been average height or even slightly tall, I assume they are outliers because about 90% of females I've been attracted to have been shorter than the average female height, the shortest one being just 5'0''. So I assume I must like shorter females more, for instance.

I'm also bisexual and due to lack of evidence am still figuring all of that stuff out, but that's another story for another time.

Anyway, what I don't know is, what kind of females tend to be attracted to me.

There's plenty of evidence, but they tend to be as different as night and day and there are no averages. Except for a few: slightly tomboyish, laidback, gals. Also, slightly black girls tend to give me a fair bit of attentio often.

When it comes to relationships, I'm not just trying to appeal to any particular person except te types I am attracted to. But that doesn't mean I'm their type, and in fact this seems to very much be the case.

Most of the females I'm attracted to aren't attracted to me back. And no, I'm not seeking out the 'hot, popular' type women.

Quite the contrary. I actually seem to get a fair bit of attention from the hot, popular type females, but I don't feel attracted to them physically at all and usually my personality is not compatible with theirs. I usually predict this before even getting to know them but even when I do, I'm almost always correct.

I seek out average females, and also unique or unusual girls possibly a bit more likely to accept me as an aspie, along with being bisexual on top of that, and having obscure, atypical interests.

I don't know what to do.

It seems that I don't actually fit into 'leagues' at all. You know, how nerds go for other nerds, fitness people go for other fitness people, gamers for gamers, etc.

I like to think I come across as very neutral and boundary-breaking.

If dating leagues were movies, I'd be one big ambitious genre-crossing hodgepodge of different styles mixed into one. Everyone seems to be action movies, comedy movies, romance movies, etc. while I feel like Avant Garde.

My personality feels like a 'jack of all trades' mix of a variety of different archetypes, preventing me from relating to others who share my interests. I like theatre and acting without being one of those triple threat, extroverted preppy types you see in the theatre all the time. I like video games slightly without being a hardcore online LOLer/gamer. I make electronic music and listen to it without being one of the bro's or candyraver chicks you see at festivals here in AUS. I'm a sporty guy without being a jock. A guy with hipster-ish traits without being a hipster. A laidback, philosophical, environmentalist and wanting to be organic eater without being a full-blown hippy. A guy interested in books, art, politics, history, science, etc. without being a nerd.

Does anyone know how I can find others to relate to?

Does anyone HERE relate to what I'm saying?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm

As you get older, you will get to know more people.

The more people you know, the more "types" of people you will know. You will have more of a choice then.

As for now, just go with your gut feeling. If you feel like you identify with the person in many ways, you'll know that the person is pretty much your "type."

In high school, there really aren't that many different "types" of kids. It's, basically, the jocks, the nerds/dweebs, the goths, the intellectuals, and maybe a few others, depending on the high school.

There are many more varieties of 32-year-old people than 16-year-old people. Correspondingly, there are many more types of 16-year-old people than 8-year-old people.