Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Risje021
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2016, 10:32 am

Hello everybody,
My name is Mariska, I am almost 17 years old and I live in The Netherlands. I have had my asperger diagnosis three years ago. I am very intelligent and I really like maths, especially algebra.
Am I the only one who likes maths?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 11:59 am

Math is interesting. I especially like complex math, like stuff with infinity and imaginary numbers. When you think of it, functions are kind of interesting (if only having to do them over and over again in school hadn't ruined it for me!) Oh, and welcome to WP!

Risje021
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

I think math is interesting to, but my friends don't like maths so at school during the lessons I'm the only one who pays attention and that is very frustrating. Does anyone recognise this?
I would like to talk about maths with someone.

TechnicalAmateur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm

I hate school because I love math and all my classmates are of the "I-hate-math-and-let-me-tell-you-why-that-makes-me-superior-to-math-people" sort.

Has anyone noticed that the same people who claim to be more creative than math people can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that math is more than just a rigid system of numerical rules and functions? I.D.K. I find math pretty damn beautiful and no one else seems to be able to see why.

I love PMs but have no clue how to start a conversation.

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2016, 2:45 pm

I like trig tests more than other tests, though I often prefer Apush class.

I would have gotten at least upwards of an eighty-four on my midterm if I'd answered all the dang questions as opposed to accidentally skipping some and they teacher had seen my folder worth ten points.

I also love statistics! I looove reading stats and charts and box plots of outcomes and people.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 12:59 am

I hate maths. I can't keep up with all the formulas and so I get lost and stuck. For some reason my brain tries to take all of the information at once and mix it together but it just confuses me and rives me crazy.

I'm especially pissed off because whenever I think I do good I end up getting like 50% on tests because my steps aren't detailed enough and theres information missing on the sheet wich is in my head. Also in science I get 90%'s in chemistry but we started a chapter on electricity and I suck at it because the application of Ohm's law and Kirchkoff's law in complex circuits makes my brain overheat.

Risje021
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2016, 11:26 am

I like maths, and I would like to chat with someone about this. If you like that to, you can send me a PM.

mindpalaces
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2016, 4:59 pm

I love maths when I understand it, its fun and boosts your confidence when you can bomb through questions, but if I don't understand the topic I detest it, my mind is always whirling too much to concentrate

HCHCHC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2016, 5:32 am

Maths is the best!
I LOVE MATHS!! !
It's very logical and also I have a natural gift at it, I have always been top of my game in it and found it to be extremely fun. :D

Jack184
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2016, 10:18 am

My interest with maths is sort of confusing. I guess I find everything we do at school really boring, and for some reason I don't quite get some of it. But, a lot of the more advanced, abstract theoretical concepts really interest me, such as four-dimensional geometry, fractals, the Fibonacci sequence, pi, etc. It's kind of annoying for me, when I want to stretch myself a little more. I think we understand now that the a-squared plus b-squared equals c-squared. Can we please move on?

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2016, 7:02 pm

I like some parts of math, but some parts of Geometry can be really sh***y, like this stupid "Triangle Congruency" stuff I'm currently working on.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

windinthewillows5
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2016, 12:09 am

I have always had really low confidence with maths, and I've always preferred language based subjects - however I do love science which involves a bit of maths! I find science really rewarding and interesting, and maths is similar because it can be so complicated. I really respect maths though as it's really hard and I wish I were one of those people who were really good at it naturally!!

"If awkwardness were currency, I'd be Oprah f****** Winfrey." - Grace Helbig

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 83 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2016, 6:54 pm

I consider Mathematics thrilling in way, really it's kind of a beautiful thing to study.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2016, 11:05 pm

Greetings. I am very good at math. According to the testing I just did for neurological disorders, my general math level is at the 84 percentile. My math fluency I believe was at the 99.9 percentile. I love doing math. Math is easy. I am going into grade 12 next year, and grade 11 math was a lot harder for me than grade 10 and 9. But overall, I love math a lot.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

comicalArchitect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2016, 9:06 pm

I find math pretty interesting. I don't do as well in it as I used to, though (in middle school I went to competitions, now I make B's in my math classes).

AlienElfGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2016, 2:56 pm

Love math!! This is something I can sit and do for fun!! ! :D