Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2016, 2:56 pm

Love math!! This is something I can sit and do for fun!! ! :D

lazyflower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm

Personally, I absolutely hate math (mostly because i'm super bad at it and therefore it gets boring).
I used to like it when I was younger, but entering high school I just couldn't catch up with it anymore.
I've found that do much better in the "creative/artsy" field, as well as finding it a lot more interesting.

Although I certainly wish I was better at math! It would definitely help my grade point average.. I also feel kinda weird because I get the impression that most people with asperger's are really good in math/science-subjects - and I just can't relate.

Last edited by lazyflower on 04 Sep 2016, 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2016, 12:28 pm

I love math, I'm even a math tutor!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 1:00 pm

lazyflower wrote:
Personally, I absolutely hate math (mostly because i'm super bad at it and therefore it gets boring).
I used to like it when I was younger, but entering high school I just couldn't catch up with it anymore.
I've found that do much better in the "creative/artsy" field, as well as finding it a lot more interesting.

Although I certainly wish I was better at math! It would definitely help my grade point average.. I also feel kinda weird because I get the impression that most people with asperger's are really good in math/science-subjects - and I just can't relate.

I think that's just a stereotype, that most aspies are good at math. I personally was good at math for most of school, but this past year I've really struggled with it.

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 2:10 pm

Math was my favorite subject in school, but I hated having to use calculators. I know they serve a purpose and they're more efficient and accurate than the human brain, but they've spoiled people (including myself admittedly). I remember in grade school, everything was worked out by hand. We didn't use calculators. Then when I got to high school, almost everything was done via calculator. The TI-84 was a necessity just like pencil and paper (even more so). It's kinda pathetic. I fear technology is leading to the slow demise of human intellect.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 3:52 am

Maths is pretty neat when I understand it. I've probably forgotten a fair bit of high-school maths now though. I could relearn most of it really quickly though.

base12masterrace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

Maths is so beautiful. Stuff in high school is just rubbish, routine stuff. The real beauty is in pure mathematics: maths for the sake of maths.
Things like topology, the five colour theorem, hinged shape dissections, Euler's equation, clothoids, cycloids, fractals and anything I can get my hands on on Wikipedia I find are just so interesting. Maths has been my passion since high school, where I went on a maths summer school and also met my current girlfriend.

rsimmons
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2016, 4:18 am

It happens sometimes. You are lucky. My sister is also having aspenger but she was very weak in math. She failed last year. Then my neighbor suggested for tutoring center of Ashburn, VA. Her math skills improved a lot. Now she can solve math problems quickly.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2016, 11:47 am

Not me, I hate it. Never understood any of that algebra or formulae stuff, I'm genuinely amazed that I managed to pass it.

TristahK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Oct 2016, 3:31 pm

Math is the dedication of my lifetime

Puppywings
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2016, 12:55 am

Math is one of my favorite subjects in school at the moment, so yes, definitely! I love math. I'm not perfect, a far cry from that, honestly, but I love it just the same.

jellyfiShenanigan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2016, 6:45 pm

Math has always been my favorite subject in school. :heart: I consider it as a study path next to electric engineering. However, I struggle with geometry drawing, but, as school advances, they become far less frequent.