Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 7:48 pm

Can a man who doesn't have Cerebral Palsy & Aspergers be interested in me & want to date me?

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2016, 8:05 pm

Cerebral Palsy and Aspergers don't define anyone. You are still you regards of these so yes both men with and without those conditions could be interested in you. Just with life it's finding those people that your personalities connect with which everyone struggles with to various degrees.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 9:24 pm

I think you would be desirable to men.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 12:22 pm

Would you be interested in dating a man with cerebral palsy and Asperger's if you had neither of these things?

The answer to your question is probably identical to the answer to this question.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 10:42 pm

Yes, he can.

Though the above post is rather useful, if you really think about what it is saying.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 11:31 pm

Maybe I'm being really scared for nothing. The guy I have a crush on, he seems like a really nice guy & he seems understanding. Once, I was counting my money for my food & drink order & I messed up in counting, he was trying to help me. Another time I was asking him about the coffee house (they are remolding the coffee house, can't wait to see it!) anyway, I already knew what to say to the guy, I went up to the counter & talk to him, at first my words came out of my mouth wrong, but he was ok about.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 3:25 pm

I would consider it. A good friend of mine has CP and ASD.

However I think it is patronising to be too simplistic. The more severe the CP and ASD it does pose more challenges.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 01 Feb 2016, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 3:29 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Would you be interested in dating a man with cerebral palsy and Asperger's if you had neither of these things?

The answer to your question is probably identical to the answer to this question.

This is a nice thing to say, however there is a problem with the comparison. For one it may not answer how you think for everyone, and also if you have something, putting the hindsight out of you mind is difficult.

Most people without personal experience either direct or indirect may not consider it.

I definitely believe in positive thinking thought.

The reality is people consider individuals so they have to get to know the individual.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 7:02 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

Yes. I had one boyfriend who was handicapped.

Men & women are different, they have different brains.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 7:21 pm

What does dating really mean? Is dating mean hangout?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 7:26 pm

You hang out with your friends. You date a potential lover. You hang out with a person whom you're dating--but it's more than just friends.

When two people are dating, and are "going out" with each other, there's an understanding that they are "more than friends."

Remember, and this is very important. Dating somebody does not mean that you necessarily have sex with that person, or even "make out" with that person.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You hang out with your friends. You date a potential lover. You hang out with a person whom you're dating--but it's more than just friends.

When two people are dating, and are "going out" with each other, there's an understanding that they are "more than friends."

Remember, and this is very important. Dating somebody does not mean that you necessarily have sex with that person, or even "make out" with that person.

Thanks! :D

I do want to date, but I don't want to rush into anything, I want to get to know him first.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2016, 6:47 pm

My answer to your question is; anybody could potentially like you and want to date you. Who that person is remains to be seen, but I'd be confident. Don't scare yourself too much and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can a man who doesn't have Cerebral Palsy & Asperger's be interested in me & want to date me?
I don't know what you look like, but I'm going to go with yes on this one.
NotaHero wrote:
Cerebral Palsy and Asperger's don't define anyone.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)