Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

I'm going to have to c!eat out of the shelter I am at and be outdoor , fully , homeless again - There,' s a dangerous situation for me here
However , I no longer have the being-outdoors equipment I had before . The backpack I had was destroyed by people here . The tarp I had disappeared . I had a yoga/ homeless mat , I think I still had it here , but it to is gone - With it rainy now I'd really need , at the very least , a poncho , and a big one , to protect me from the rain .
All of this would take a lot of outlay , and Outdoor World and Big Five chain stores on the other side of town are , furthermore , the only places I can think of to get such things - My money comes in slices , by the week , not the month , sonhaving a large amount for even a nessecary purchase is hard - And I have to do it now - This week .
In a sense , I shouldn, have started thinking I had even a sort of home here - Like a medevial peasant , I'm always being told to q" Move on ! " :(
But I must :cry: .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm

You can't go back to the drop-in center?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:19 pm

...There's proabably a sense in which you mean " drop-in center " I can't think of now , but all I can think of re: " drop-in center " are some I went to when I was in Seattle , in late 2014/early 2015 , which I think was before you knew me .
What happened here , in SF now , was that someone , another " inmate " I guess (and one I didn't expect) at this shelter said something untrue about me to staff , nearly getting me tossed out , a Denial Of Service (DOS) , then and there , on a rainy (I guess) , dark , Sunday morning , with me being practically moneyless , as my money comes in this coming week . I just barely , I guess , argued myself out of being tossed then , but if that happened once , it could happen again , and if someone decides to tell lies about we , well , I'd best leave under my own power , prepared .
However , it's not till after the money comes that I can be prepared , and that's for a couple days now . :(
It is possible that , if I am HL again , I can get a new place ~ after , possibly , howevs , some time of being HL ~ and I need a big , strong , backpack , some sort of sleeping/rain shelter , and a poncho ! (Its been VERY , VERY , rainy here .)
NOW ! !! !! !! !! !! :cry:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:38 pm

Maybe I´m being naïve, but what about the army? They often have some used stuff. As employed in the "Homeless-House" in Copenhagen I made "loo"-deals (unofficial deals) with the staff to get me their old equipment for the homeless - and we did get it.
I called de offices to find out, where they stored their equipment - and then I called there.
Would that be an idea?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:45 pm

...I don't think I could call the Army , for one , thank you (will say more later , library computers running out now)...

Jensen wrote:
Maybe I´m being naïve, but what about the army? They often have some used stuff. As employed in the "Homeless-House" in Copenhagen I made "loo"-deals (unofficial deals) with the staff to get me their old equipment for the homeless - and we did get it.
I called de offices to find out, where they stored their equipment - and then I called there.
Would that be an idea?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

This morning in church I prayed especially for you, ASS-P,
and if you like, I will send you my guardian angel
to watch over you so you can stay where you are for right now
and be protected against those who would try to harm you
until you can find somewhere better.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 9:29 pm

...Praying good , not so sure about staying here , I've sort of internalized it as inevitable already .

phoenix"]This morning in church I prayed especially for you, ASS-P,
and if you like, I will send you my guardian angel
to watch over you so you can stay where you are for right now
and be protected against those who would try to harm you
until you can find somewhere better.

...[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

...To continue what I said to Jens , I don't really think I could call any Army place , I'm just a " normal person " , you were working with a recognized charity/nonprofit .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 5:14 am

...I don't know , maybe I should not try to leave here - But what happened happened this morning , and what if it happens again - The lie , there's a lot of people here who don't like me , and another false story might make me ," a twice offender " (and the person who apparently told the lie was not someone I'dve expected to do it) ,band whatn then do I do ?
I would need a really large , carrying more on my shoulders , camping-style backpack , and I would only likely have even some possible larger amount now ,vthis first week of February , asv thee way the months spread meanbI'll get a larger first week's amount -'Not more , just a larger percentage in the first week .
How would I get a backpack/sleeping mat/ wrap/poncho combo ? Otherwise , though , I'd tend to piss my money away on excessive soda/pizza-macaroni/sweets :( .

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 10:43 am

Just letting you know you have my support. I wish I could help but I'm in the same boat. I stay in transitional housing but expect to be back in my car in a couple of weeks. That's ok, though. I have a long history of living in cars so it doesn't bother me that much.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 7:25 pm

...Well , thank you .
There are different ways things can go , perhaps I'll put in a new ~ or another existing ~ line .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 2:23 am

...Jens , I put an ad on Craiglist trying to get the items I spoke of from some nice person , if they'd maybe donate them , second hand
. I offered to possibly do some
" volunteer " work for them , like swwant t9eeping/mopping , as partial payment . I'll tell you how to find the ad , if you want to read it (Anyone else , too ,) if you send me a PM .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

...Jens , I put an ad on Craiglist trying to get the items I spoke of from some nice person , if they'd maybe donate them , second hand
. I offered to possibly do some
" volunteer " work for them , like sweeping/mopping , as partial payment . I'll tell you how to find the ad , if you want to read it (Anyone else , too ,) if you send me a PM .