Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 9:14 pm

When I first started watching it, it was for comical relief, but I take it way more seriously now, its so deep and philosophical! I wasn't even on drugs! This is the most dramatic cartoon

I have ever watched and the writers are geniuses! They manage to mix humor and really depressive stuff together and its really good. They manage to make you love a sociopathic as*hole (Rick) and make you sad and empathic when something bad happens to him.

Morty, Rick's innocent grandson, goes on crazy, reckless adventures with his alcoholic genius of a grandfather. Where he goes, Rick doesn't give a s**t if hundreads of people die and commits atrocities towards aliens wich clashes with Morty's morals but you get to see his descent towards insanity a bit more every episode!

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm

I love the show, the last episode I watched was S2 E12. that was a ... depressing episode. and so freaking random

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 9:23 pm

zeertheseer wrote:
I love the show, the last episode I watched was S2 E12. that was a ... depressing episode. and so freaking random

Yeah, the ending almost had me in tears. Also the end of S2 E03 was really intense too. I can't wait for the third season to come out in more than a year :(

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm

that was irritating lol. ah well, I personally would LOVE freaking unity as a GF, JS who woulnd't? freaking rick has sever issues, but just.. lol

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 11:51 pm

i love this show. i have a few shirts of them too.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 1:32 am

Best show I've seen in a long time. It's got a great sense of twisted morbid humor and emotional moments that really resonate. The two times there were actual songs in it they played Mazzy Star and Nine Inch Nails. Two for two in my book on good music.

PwoperNereguar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Feb 2016, 6:27 am

I want to watch this. It's made by the same person who made Community, the second best show I've ever watched. I trust Dan Harmon.

stripyrhino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2017, 2:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Morty is autistic/ADHD. Jerry says in Pilot that he has 'a disability or something' and Morty is generally really socially awkward. He's bullied in school. He is super hyperactive and loses concentration really easily. I'm like 99% sure he's either autistic or ADHD, or both? :?:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 11:40 am

I love this show! Who knew that the show led McD's to re-issue the Mulan Szechuan sauce!

My favorite character is Mr. Poopybutthole.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 4:05 pm

This song got stuck in my head. So catchy.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

dendrite
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Rick and Morty is probably my favourite show right now. I could write an essay about it and why it's so amazing, but my head hurts right now, so I won't. But yeah, it's amazing and I love it. :heart:

JVM23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2017, 9:55 am

As an aspiring writer/voice actor and fan of 'Rick and Morty', I sent my writing portfolio and voice reel to the guys behind the show with an intention to join the show in season four (no response yet, but I'll write an episode and send it in anyway and see what happens). Although, I am not sure how I can contribute to the show's writing without botching it all up (I have to keep in mind what happened when the writing staff of 'Spongebob' changed between 2004 and 2015 and the trough that followed). I have an idea for a plot in my head, I just need to execute it correctly.

There's also the worry of not being taken seriously as a writer. I know Dan Harmon himself believes himself to be autistic, but I can't be too careful sometimes...

The Cat Ghost

09 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm

JVM23 wrote:
As an aspiring writer/voice actor and fan of 'Rick and Morty', I sent my writing portfolio and voice reel to the guys behind the show with an intention to join the show in season four (no response yet, but I'll write an episode and send it in anyway and see what happens). Although, I am not sure how I can contribute to the show's writing without botching it all up (I have to keep in mind what happened when the writing staff of 'Spongebob' changed between 2004 and 2015 and the trough that followed). I have an idea for a plot in my head, I just need to execute it correctly.

There's also the worry of not being taken seriously as a writer. I know Dan Harmon himself believes himself to be autistic, but I can't be too careful sometimes...

Not sure how much actual script writing is done on RaM, it seems like most of the writing is Justin getting drunk and making lines up based on an outline; luckily, he is a genius at it.

https://medium.com/fictionhub/rick-and- ... b79d6fe43c