Melissa Click charged with assault will do community service

Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 11:14 am

quote="zkydz"AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!quote

Take it easy man. You're talking about 2 people. Before the internet, no one would have heard of them.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 11:25 am

AspE wrote:

Take it easy man. You're talking about 2 people. Before the internet, no one would have heard of them.

What two people? I was talking specifically about Melissa Click.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm

"Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash"

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/inside-t ... at-mizzou/

Quote:
‘You have a PR nightmare on your hands’
Grandma ‘I will pull every dime before my granddaughter sets foot on your campus’
‘A national disgrace – disgusting’
‘the mob’s threats … totalitarian to insane’
Student: ‘racism smaller than it is made out to be’
Student: ‘As an African American, I am embarrassed by my fellow students’
‘I pledge NOT to contribute to your fund’
Donations to Athletic Department plunged 72%
Overall donations down
Freshman student enrollment down a quarter

There Are Four Lights!

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:37 pm

Darmok wrote:
"Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash"

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/inside-t ... at-mizzou/

Quote:
‘You have a PR nightmare on your hands’
Grandma ‘I will pull every dime before my granddaughter sets foot on your campus’
‘A national disgrace – disgusting’
‘the mob’s threats … totalitarian to insane’
Student: ‘racism smaller than it is made out to be’
Student: ‘As an African American, I am embarrassed by my fellow students’
‘I pledge NOT to contribute to your fund’
Donations to Athletic Department plunged 72%
Overall donations down
Freshman student enrollment down a quarter

OK...again...what two people? I have read many of the reports. I was referencing only one person by quote; Melissa Click.

The other crap I listed was from several things that relate to this in a lack of responsibility being led by idiots like Click.

When I see this crap going on by highly educated people and the students they are indoctrinating them, I just literally think back to the 60s and 70s when the protests were about real things. Not these first world problems.

So, I really don't understand where you are coming from.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:45 pm

zkydz wrote:
AspE wrote:

You mentioned the dreadlock criticism.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm

zkydz wrote:
...When I see this crap going on by highly educated people and the students they are indoctrinating them, I just literally think back to the 60s and 70s when the protests were about real things. Not these first world problems...

Reactionaries tried to trivialize the protests of the 60s and 70s using exactly the same methods.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:
AspE wrote:

You mentioned the dreadlock criticism.

That was the additional example I mentioned as well as the need for creating 'safe spaces' instead of going the the safe space they already have.

Those are the examples being set by people who have been led and indoctrinated by idiots like Melissa Click.

See, when dreadlocks and failure to take responsibility and just find offense in every little thing is taking hold when there are real problems, real racial issues, real poverty and injustice, it demeans them.

And, for Melissa Click to use the same arguments for herself that she criticized in conservatives and filled with white guilt, it just boggles my mind that there are still people who don't question things....

Again, Kent State and a few other things that went on. National Guardsmen called out for peaceful flower children? Now it's "well, we understand you don't like little billy's haircut on Halloween when it's supposed to be about dressing up as someone else. slu*ty nurse? Well, the RNs and LPNs and all those 'Ns' should get upset! But, here's your trophy for showing up."

There are a lot of Melissa Clicks out there. They just haven't been so visible.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 12:55 pm

AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:
...When I see this crap going on by highly educated people and the students they are indoctrinating them, I just literally think back to the 60s and 70s when the protests were about real things. Not these first world problems...

Reactionaries tried to trivialize the protests of the 60s and 70s using exactly the same methods.
Not this blatantly. The conservatives, led by Nixon were the main instigators of a lot of things trying to divide movements. The drug wars was one of the ways for him to polarize things. Infiltration was another.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

zkydz wrote:
AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:

Not this blatantly. The conservatives, led by Nixon were the main instigators of a lot of things trying to divide movements. The drug wars was one of the ways for him to polarize things. Infiltration was another.

And using the most radical examples to characterize an entire movement. Note that the Black Lives Matter movement is being criticized as part of the same SJW phenomenon that Click is claimed to represent. Therefore, if you can ignore Click, you can ignore the problem of black injustice in general.

Just like political activists in the 60s were characterized as druggie troublemakers who just wanted to attack cops with razor blades.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 1:10 pm

AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:
AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:

And using the most radical examples to characterize an entire movement. Note that the Black Lives Matter movement is being criticized as part of the same SJW phenomenon that Click is claimed to represent. Therefore, if you can ignore Click, you can ignore the problem of black injustice in general.

Just like political activists in the 60s were characterized as druggie troublemakers who just wanted to attack cops with razor blades.
I have trouble with Black Lives Matter. The tactics, the lack of coherency, the self segregation. All of that is just a different thing from back then.

In some demented way, it reminded me of the affluent kids of the 60s and 70s with the mod clothes, the love beads, bell bottoms and leather shoes. It was fashionable and they joined in to be fashionable. yuck.....

And, I do not mean the hardcore hippie movement was good either.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:15 pm

zkydz wrote:
...I have trouble with Black Lives Matter. The tactics, the lack of coherency, the self segregation. All of that is just a different thing from back then.

In some demented way, it reminded me of the affluent kids of the 60s and 70s with the mod clothes, the love beads, bell bottoms and leather shoes. It was fashionable and they joined in to be fashionable. yuck.....

I don't see how it's much different from the civil rights movement. And I don't see why you can't be a hippy and affluent.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:26 pm

AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:
...I have trouble with Black Lives Matter. The tactics, the lack of coherency, the self segregation. All of that is just a different thing from back then.

I don't see how it's much different from the civil rights movement. And I don't see why you can't be a hippy and affluent.

That's your prerogative. But, that last comment just makes me have to ask your age.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

zkydz wrote:
AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:

That's your prerogative. But, that last comment just makes me have to ask your age.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

That's actually enough to not see the difference. When I was growing up, Vietnam was in full swing. But, for the people just 3 years behind me in school, it was nothing. A history lesson for them. Those type of things alter your viewpoint quite a bit. Especially growing up in the south when I did.

But, you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 3:12 pm

zkydz wrote:
That's actually enough to not see the difference. When I was growing up, Vietnam was in full swing. But, for the people just 3 years behind me in school, it was nothing. A history lesson for them. Those type of things alter your viewpoint quite a bit. Especially growing up in the south when I did.

One may start out as a hippy to be fashionable, but when you have your first LSD experience, that's something that connects people on a deeper level. Also opposition to the war, but there were all kinds of hippies, even racist ones.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 3:20 pm

AspE wrote:
zkydz wrote:

One may start out as a hippy to be fashionable, but when you have your first LSD experience, that's something that connects people on a deeper level. Also opposition to the war, but there were all kinds of hippies, even racist ones.

Yeah, still not getting the point. I mean, LSD didn't turn people into believers. Maybe you experienced that. I certainty didn't.

But, you are right. There are all sorts. But what does that have to do with this?

I am having trouble following this. It may just be me. Wouldn't be the first time.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13