Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

stevedeclerck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2016, 7:10 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, so hi to everybody. Have a question. It's already my entire life I hate something about meself: being emotionally easily out of balance. And it can take weeks to recover. And during those weeks, I feel horrible, really horrible, down, depressed and can barely work. Most of the time this happens if somebody intentionally hurts me. The more I feel hurt, the more I feel emotionally overwhelmed and the longer it takes before I can let it go. I can even feel like that for small things. I hate it to be like that. Has this something to do with autism? Reacting so intense sometimes to small things? And bigger things give me a knock out. I find it very difficult to understand people. The way they treat others, their reactions. People can be so rude.

I don't know if there are other people who feel like this ?

Many thanls in advance, Steve

IceLilja
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2016, 1:42 am

Hi. Yes, I have a lot of this too, but not as much as you describe (any longer). I still have the tendency though. Are you depressed? If you are should try some kind of treatment. It has very much to do with autism. You need to work on your self esteem, a hobby that interests you and makes you happy without needing the approval of others. Are you working? Dissatisfied with your job?

welcome to the club :jester:

stevedeclerck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2016, 6:23 am

Hi IceLilja,

I didn't notice there was a reply. Thanks a lot. Nice to hear I'm not alone who have such experience.

Depressed...yes I think so. But not to a degree that I can't function anymore in daily life. Maybe to a level like dysthymia. Perhaps of the daily jungle I have to navigate through. I go monthly to a psychiatrist. I'm taking a combo of Lamictal 150mg and Wellbutrin 150mg. Not sure if that is helping a lot. Yes, you are right about the self esteem. A hobby would be great, I just feel bored at home during weekends, avoiding the stress and anxiety of going somewhere. Yes I'm working as a programmer and I find great satisfaction in that job.

Thanks for pointing me to some things I can work on.

Thank you, wishing you all the best, Steve