Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm

Figured this could be it owns thread, the early looks of it there seems to be a massive turnout of new voters which by the conventional numbers seem to favor Trump and Sanders but Hillary is very organized. Cruz seems to be crashing, Rubio has apparently had success in stealing his supporters away. Rubio about to get a rocket strapped to his ass by the establishment.

Hillary seems have early lead on Bernie

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 11:03 pm

1. Cruz has won in Iowa
2. The Democratic race is too close to call
3. O'Malley and Huckabee have quit

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 2:43 am

Smart move by O'Malley to get out.

With such a close race between Clinton and Sanders, he would probably be vilified by the Democratic party if he stuck around. Perhaps he'll try gunning for a VP spot or - at the very least - a cabinet position.

As for the Republican results, it corresponds somewhat well with my earlier prediction:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5#p6918695

The tendency for the most conservative voters to dominate the primary elections is likely responsible for Cruz' victory in Iowa, while the good record of Rubio is likely a result of his higher perceived chances of winning the general election.

The most obvious outcome now is that the GOP establishment will rally behind Rubio as their preferred candidate while hoping that Trump and Cruz will tear each other apart...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 2:52 am

Rubio needs to grow up and do his senatorial duties first rather than beech about them.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Feb 2016, 4:59 pm

Very odd Iowa Caucus for the GOP, went the opposite of what they were expecting pretty much Cruz got a lot more support in places they thought Trump should be strong in but Trump did very well in the Evangelical part of the state while struggling in the more mainline conservative establishment areas. Rubio predictably surged, he's the establishment candidate it seems clear but the question is what do the rest of the establishment candidates think about that? Are they going to rally around Rubio? I don't think Rubio is that strong of candidate, he has gone somewhat under the radar lately with all the attention going to Trump and Cruz but he has a base if he can rally the establishment around him. Rubio is trying to make a play for Evangelicals and the Neocons, reuniting the Bush gang. They were saying that a record high turnout would favor Trump and that there were some signs that Rubio had success peeling Cruz voters away but it seems like that was flipped somehow. Very weird.

The Democratic Caucus was kind of anticlimactic since nobody can really declare victory with it being so close but it's a very impressive showing for Bernie Sanders for sure. They did say that the percentage of first time voters was down from 2008 or something along those lines, maybe an enthusiasm gap between then and now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 5:20 pm

last night was not only a bad omen for the democrats but a screaming warning for Hillary that she is climbing a steep pitfall-ridden mountain path with switchbacks and a heaven burden on her back she she must drag, she will eventually want to ask herself if she is physically up to it.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 10:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Rubio needs to grow up and do his senatorial duties first rather than beech about them.

Rubio needs to grow up. He's got potential, but he needs more experience. I can't believe the GOP is all wet panties over him. I'm guessing they think he'll be easily bullied around.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 10:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
last night was not only a bad omen for the democrats but a screaming warning for Hillary that she is climbing a steep pitfall-ridden mountain path with switchbacks and a heaven burden on her back she she must drag, she will eventually want to ask herself if she is physically up to it.

As a Democrat, I hope to hell Hillary doesn't get the nomination. I can't stand her, and her gender has nothing to do with it. I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'd vote for Hillary if she was running against Dick Cheney and a random Klingon. Who am I kidding, I'd probably flip a coin for my vote. That's how apathetic I've become over this election.