Autistic teen refuses to do schoolwork over aide?

Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Feb 2016, 4:01 pm

There was a time when I refused to do work at school too, I would never allow myself to be in a special ed class and the district would never pay to send me somewhere that actually could of helped me which my therapist and mom fought hard for but no avail. I will never forgive them for that, I didn't get any education at all and it's a joke they even gave me a diploma since I did like 1/20th the work of what a normal high school student would do to graduate. They sent a teacher to my house twice a week for an hour with some program for kids that like break their backs or have cancer.

I probably skipped 75% of the time my freshman and sophomore year of high school, it wasn't working out and the district had nothing for me. Absolutely nothing and this is the largest school district in the stated one of the bigger ones in the country, I guess ~10 years ago they just didn't have anything. It makes me sad thinking about how my life could of turned out different, I was lucky too since most people don't have a loving dedicated parent that will fight for them. When I didn't I was done with that school I was done, nothing was going to change how I felt about it but I had a personal beef with the school and the district tho. I wanted what I wanted and I saw not cooperating as my only leverage. I didn't care about the consequences, I do wish I did better in high school but I still feel wronged. It doesn't sound much better tho where you're at.

I would recommend removing the aide or just straight up changing schools if it possible.