Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:07 am

Why the older you get the harder it is to find a life partner or get opportunities?

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2016, 7:09 am

You know when I read the Thread title I thought to myself, oh God it's finally happened, someone is actually asking why their penis is suddenly a lot harder than it usually is. You don't know how relieved I am that your question isn't even remotely related to that. My faith in this Community is partially restored.

Jamesy wrote:
Why the older you get the harder it is to find a life partner or get opportunities?
Life Partner: Because most people have already partnered up with someone else by then, and those that haven't either aren't interested or are unwilling to settle for less than what they think that their entitled to.

Opportunities: Once you're no longer a young person, it's assumed that you've already found a job and/or your place in the world, and if you haven't, then it's assumed that you're either still in Education pursuing a top qualification, or that your a lazy so-so that no one should waste time or resources on.

The onset of social media as helped significantly to "pair the spares" as it's come to be called, while there are a growing number of charity and welfare organizations that cater to helping the middle aged and elderly find employment.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)