Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aspietronic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2016, 12:25 am

I'm a Christian and I love science. I use to science experiments at church. I took 8 9volt batteries and used them for electrolysis of water then lit up the bubbles of hydrogen in my hand. I wanted to let the church know that we can use cleaner energy resources. Does Jesus approve of my experiments?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 1:04 am

Different sects, and different congregations within each sect have varying ideas on what Jesus thought about things.

If the question is "would the people at my church think Jesus would disapprove of my experiments?" the answer is probably no because the particular experiments you did dont involve Evolution, nor anything else that conflicts with any Christian theology that I know of. So even a Fundie congregation wouldnt care.

If the question is what was Jesus's actual attitude toward science in general, and towards certain aspects of centuries later modern science in particular then thats a whole other question.

Would Jesus disapprove of teaching evolution in schools? Interesting question. But hard to answer.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

I imagine He would approve if it's for the betterment of the world.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 1:27 am

Quote:
Does Jesus Approve Of Science

I don't see why he wouldn't.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 2:39 am

Wasn't Jesus a gnostic? That sounds pro-science to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 7:04 am

aspietronic wrote:
I'm a Christian and I love science. I use to science experiments at church. I took 8 9volt batteries and used them for electrolysis of water then lit up the bubbles of hydrogen in my hand. I wanted to let the church know that we can use cleaner energy resources. Does Jesus approve of my experiments?

Ask Him!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 7:20 am

Fnord wrote:
aspietronic wrote:

Ask Him!

You know, the guy's poking at you here, but he's got an actual real point.

When I was Christian, that was the best answer I got for all my questions that no one could answer and the Bible wasn't specific on- go pray about it.

If you are Aspie and also Christian, you'll probably find most people explanations of things woefully unacceptable, even if you have the strongest faith a human ever had. I actually found most of it made complete sense to me- scarily so- but some things just could never be answered. One of my main issues was always where's the line of ok and not ok sin-wise. This, as was said, varies wildly between denominations.

There are Christians who are also devoted scientists who use their knowledge to explain how they believe there's scientific evidence to support many of the Bible's claims. I can't see that being construed as sinful.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

I haven't been attacked by lightning bolts so I assume he's pretty chill about it

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:56 am

I am a great fan of Science, and the water from my faucet has not turned to blood, I haven't seen a frog in months, I'm not infested with lice, there are no swarms of flies around me, none of my livestock is sick, I'm not afflicted with boils, I can't remember the last hailstorm I was in, there are no locusts attacking my crops, the sun still shines, and my firstborn son is still alive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 10:04 am

aspietronic wrote:

As long as you stick to nice, safe topics, sure. But don't dare point that same empiricism at the Bible.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 6:59 pm

I am Catholic and it is never mentioned in Scripture regarding how much curiosity is too much.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 7:06 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am Catholic and it is never mentioned in Scripture regarding how much curiosity is too much.

You might want to take another look at genesis.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:30 pm

For revelations to come true you need technology

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-15.htm
And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Sounds like a powerful person using TV to start a bloody revolution

I don't think doing little experiments is bad though.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:39 pm

Yes he does.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm

I think if it increases Jesus' quality of life, I think he'd approve.

He was a carpenter, after all.

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 10:02 pm

Nah. It disproves the 6,000 year-old earth lie and most of Genesis' account of creation. He'd damn us all to hell.