Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 4:57 pm

Here's an odd question. I've just been reading about panic attacks and i've realised that years ago there was this person I saw on a regular basis that I was falling for, but knew I couldn't be with. OK, he was my boss and older then me. I was only 22. I had panic attacks about it or because of how I was feeling. Ibthink mostly I felt guilty because my feelings would have been OK in another setting, just not at work, if that makes sense.

It's happened a few times in later life too, but for other reasons.

Heart racing, sweating, anxiety, feeling like i'm gonna faint then feeling desperately like I needed to sleep. Sounds pathetic, but I didn't realise what was actually happening to me. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I thought sharing my experience might help someone or maybe I'd find someone who experienced something similar.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

I dont know if it is similar enough, but the title caught my attention. :)
It would have been useful if I grew up understanding that the anxiety symptoms I experienced were different to the regular feeling anxious experience that other people referred to. I think that made it harder to link how I was feeling with the physical sensations.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2016, 12:07 am

I had panic attacks in my 1st two relationships which contributed to me screwing the relationships up. My anxiety caused me to become controlling. I'm not having panic attacks in my current relationships because I started taking Buspar for anxiety before my 2nd relationship ended but it was too little too late for me to save that one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 12:23 am

I use to have panic attacks a lot, but it wasn't because of crushes. It had more to do with crowds and feeling trapped. Sometimes I do get pretty stressed and anxious when I have a crush though.

TT v2.0
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2016, 10:32 am

Cannot compute Panic Attack in humans.

But I can install an anti-malware on your operating system.

Please assume the position.