Taking things literally on purpose to annoy people

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 3:52 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Creepy guy online: Do you like BBC
Victim: Yes I watch it all the time, what is your favorite show on there? Mine is Dr. Who.

I only just recently learned what that meant. I looked it up after a kid on Minecraft said it and from the context didn't seem to be talking about British television.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 4:38 pm

hanyo wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Creepy guy online: Do you like BBC
Victim: Yes I watch it all the time, what is your favorite show on there? Mine is Dr. Who.

I only just recently learned what that meant. I looked it up after a kid on Minecraft said it and from the context didn't seem to be talking about British television.

I learned the acron (whatever the spelling is of that word) on Reddit and the lady took it literal on purpose and she took a screen shot of her chat with the creep and posted it in CreepyPMs.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
LaetiBlabla wrote:
I constantly understand things literally.

I learned second meanings but it is always literal sense coming first.

And what? I made it my "sense of humour ".
I naturally react upon literal sense, (then i think oops, maybe there is a second sense here...) and i show like "i was kidding" and laugh.

The treasure of making a sense of humour out of it, is that when i do not realize i understood literally (so wrong), people think i am joking because "it is my humour" and they laugh... when they laugh, then i know that i misunderstood, :)

(so i never do on purpose, but they think i do it on purpose and it is at a time funny and useful as explained)

Do you think it could "annoy" people? :oops:

I have a friend that does this- I think it is hilarious. For example,
someone will say: "can you give me a hand"
then he will respond by clapping
then the other person responds "NO NOT THAT WAY!" and either laughs or gets annoyed it's a coin toss which way it will go- or rather it probably isn't and their are some kind of signals the other person is giving out that we aren't picking up on to tell whether they are in a joking mood or not BUT it seems 50/50 split to us.
Sometimes as a follow up he will clap at a different speed or in different ways. I think it is very funny. But the NT .... not so much sometimes.

oops, i did it again....

I'm happy because, today, again i understood literally, and made "humour" out of it.
I checked the other person's reaction, the girl had an annoyed, negative reaction.
(she didn't know me, so she didn't know my "humour")

Then i simply said: "i'm sorry, that's my humour, i'm really sorry (i was), I know my humour is a bit special, I didn’t mean it in a bad way"
Reconciliation was visible, it was very good she said after 2 seconds, laughing, "yes, i understand, i also have sense of humour."

I'm really happy because i was so worried that my humour system would make enemies... Actually it is very easy :)