Why is this generator hooked up to a traffic light?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

heffe1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2016, 4:42 pm

Why is this generator hooked up to a traffic light? I know the real answer, I just want to share this with everyone and hope that you stop to think real hard why a traffic light REALLY needs to be run by a generator when the power goes out. There were also generators at the traffic lights around Wilton Mall. This was around 10 am on a school day 11/24/15. This is not a very densely populated area; it's right next to the Stewart's on Jones road, near the Wilton Mall, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866.

Not really on Xbox live

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

Performs ritual to resurrect dead thread

I don't know but I saw something similar last year. The apartment building across the road from me had a large construction site generator connected for a few days (the sort that fits inside a shipping container). It made a lot of noise 'round the clock. I don't know why they needed a generator because it was not a blackout.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 7:42 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Performs ritual to resurrect dead thread

I don't know but I saw something similar last year. The apartment building across the road from me had a large construction site generator connected for a few days (the sort that fits inside a shipping container). It made a lot of noise 'round the clock. I don't know why they needed a generator because it was not a blackout.
Maybe the power was shut off to the apartment because of construction project or some kind of maintenance.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition