Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 11:39 am

Stupid s**t People Say to Aspies

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2016, 2:15 pm

Aspies have no emotions

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

LonelyJar wrote:

I like this video :) Thanks for posting

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 2:39 am

LabPet wrote:
LonelyJar wrote:

I like this video :) Thanks for posting

No prob!

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2016, 1:33 pm

-Aspies are nothing but fleshy computers
-Aspies stink at social communication and etiquette
-Aspies are apathic and do not care for the emotions of others
-Aspies are "anal retentive" and only care about useless factoids
-Aspies speak in a monotone devoid of even the slightest emotion
-Aspies don't swear
-Aspies talk with an air of superiority
-Aspies are doomed to stay single unless a girl takes pity on them
-Aspies are only male
-Aspies are little more than children and need constant care and supervision
-Aspies are only into "Autistic things"
-Aspies have embarrassing "episodes" (spasms)
-Aspies are just faking it for attention
-Aspies are your typical nerds/geeks
-Aspies aren't emotional

Gosh we are stereotyped so much...

Film2240
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2016, 2:22 pm

I really want to challenge the idea that people with autism are somehow less deserving of fair and equal treatment in all areas of life.The very idea that they should be treated less favourably because they're just born different really disgusts me and is the main motivator of my vigorous campaigning online,even if it attracts trolls and bad attitudes from employers.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 3:18 pm

Film2240 wrote:
I really want to challenge the idea that people with autism are somehow less deserving of fair and equal treatment in all areas of life.The very idea that they should be treated less favourably because they're just born different really disgusts me and is the main motivator of my vigorous campaigning online,even if it attracts trolls and bad attitudes from employers.

I back you up, the way some people look at autistics is just appalling.

Film2240
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2016, 3:44 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

It's also the main reason I'm making my feature film,follow @FMylifeoncamera as I learned that I'm not allowed to promote that here (as my previous thread on this forum got deleted and reported as spam).

Last edited by Film2240 on 23 Apr 2016, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

It's also the main reason I'm king my feature film,follow @FMylifeoncamera as I learned that I'm not allowed to promote that here (as my previous thread on this forum got deleted and reported as spam).

I think more films should be done by Autistics! Good luck to you and your project!

Film2240
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2016, 3:59 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

It's also the main reason I'm king my feature film,follow @FMylifeoncamera as I learned that I'm not allowed to promote that here (as my previous thread on this forum got deleted and reported as spam).

I think more films should be done by Autistics! Good luck to you and your project!

Thanks and if interested please follow and support it however you can as it'll mean a lot to me.Whatever you can do will help a lot. :)

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 4:10 pm

Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

Thanks and if interested please follow and support it however you can as it'll mean a lot to me.Whatever you can do will help a lot. :)

Your welcome, and I will do what I can to help you!

Film2240
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2016, 4:13 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

Thanks so much.It really means a lot to me.If you want to talk to me more about the film,please talk to me via that Twitter account or even email me (ask via Twitter or PM). :)

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 4:49 pm

Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Film2240 wrote:

Thanks so much.It really means a lot to me.If you want to talk to me more about the film,please talk to me via that Twitter account or even email me (ask via Twitter or PM). :)

You are very welcome!

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Aspies don't understand sarcasm, metaphors or any other form of figurative language.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 6:15 pm

LyraLuthTinu wrote:
Aspies don't understand sarcasm, metaphors or any other form of figurative language.

Yup, we are literal minded people who balk at the idea of even giving a joke. :roll: