Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2016, 6:38 am

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS :D

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 6:18 pm

Permanently? No. I have experienced it in the past when I was on high doses of anti-psychotics for years. My hands would shake a lot, anything requiring fine motor skills with my hands wasn't possible. I couldn't hold a camera for example and take a picture without it turning out in a blur. It would be hard to hold a glass of water without my hands noticeably shaking. The longer you are on anti-psychotics and the higher the dose and the longer you have tardive dsykinesia, the higher the chance for it to become permanent.

StAySpUn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2016, 7:19 am

Had similar problems when prescribed Risperdal . Even after I stopped taking it, it took about 2 years for it to go away.

BitterCoffee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2016, 1:55 pm

I had it (an uncontrollably shaking feeling) while on certain anti-psychotics, but I switched for various reasons to different anti-psychotics and don't have it. So try switching to a different anti-psychotics, if you go down hill on the new one you can always switch back.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

I have a couple facial twitches which I suspect might be related to antipsychotic use. they aren't uncomfortable just unsightly.

I also get akathisia which should be redefined in the literature as "hell on earth."

Maybe I should just swear off antipsychotics forever. For anyone with td is it an uncomfortable condition or is it mainly a superficial thing? I can deal with twitches but if I had to live with a movement disorder 24/7 I think I would rather just kill myself.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2016, 12:49 pm

i've had akathesia, dystonia, and tremor, but no tardive dyskinesia YET.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2016, 11:41 am

In my case it was called parkinsonian shakes, I think its only called tardive dyskinesia when it becomes permanent.