Impulse Control in Aspie/ADHD 8 year old & 6 year old

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lilredcat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Feb 2016, 10:23 am

Has anybody got any suggestions for helping with impulse control? My two boys are both Aspies and cannot seem to keep their hands off each other at home and at school. Then there's the lack of listening... The school staff and my husband are all about to explode. I know brothers squabble and kids don't always listen especially if their needs outweigh the needs of the adult trying to get them to do something. However this doesn't benefit anyone letting them just do as they please. It is causing serious strife at school for them. To the point where they are now banned from playing together. I don't like being punitive, but warnings, re-directions and loss of privledges don't seem to work with these two. Any ideas?

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 8:44 pm

I really wish I could help. But I'm in a similar boat. My girls are 8 and 6 and they just bicker constantly. Constantly interrupt everyone and each other, which when they interrupt each other, or get into each others personal space, erupts in a huuuuuuuge brawl. I'm constantly baffled about how two people who so value their own right to not be interrupt and their own personal space so much can't respect other peoples rights in the same departments. I think that until they have personal epiphany's regarding this, it's hopeless. My kids aren't allowed to play together either!! !

pddtwinmom
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2016, 8:56 pm

Ditto. My twin boys were put in separate classrooms this year, and a month ago, separated for lunch bunch. They alternate between bitterly fighting and being so silly with each other that they ignore anyone else in the room, including teachers. Sigh... Wish I could help.