Why you should care about and improve your appearance.

Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 2:14 pm

Yigeren wrote:
and John Travolta kissing himself wearing a dress! 8O

Aw but that was the sweetest one :P

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

Noura4eva wrote:

If you hope to have a long term relationship of any shape, then you really have to be yourself so you can relax the best you can in your chosen company.

If they can't accept who you are, then they are not for you.

Yeah but in all honesty, who wants to date a obese chick who smells bad? Or a fat hairy guy with 0 social skills?

I mean especially for a woman, if you're ugly and fat, you're kind of f****d. Since men place a high emphasis on beauty for their partner. Okay you're not completely f****d but it's pretty hard.

My mom agrees too, weight is a big issue for women and you can increase your odds of finding someone if you lose the weight and start giving a s**t about how you look and act. '

You don't have to be super friggin skinny to attract men, curvy girls can be hot as hell. But you definitely don't want to be obese. You can lose weight by eating less, eating healthier food, doing aerobic exercise combined with low weight and high repetition weight lifting. Not only will you attract men much easier but you will also feel better.

If you're in your late teens/early twenties and overweight, just imagine how fat and obese you'll be in your 30s.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm

giving up 90% of refined carbs is 90% of it. doesn't take that much exercise, just consistence is all that is needed 6 out of 7 days per week. 7th day can be a cheat or lazy day.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:50 pm

Was that post really for "everybody who's reading it" or just for straight men? Cos I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be checking my neck for facial hairs.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 11:44 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I'm now traumatized. I come back to this thread only to discover Tom Cruise (scary as hell) and John Travolta kissing himself wearing a dress! 8O

People keep saying that you need to love yourself before someone else can love you. Looks like Travolta has mastered this philosophy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 11:48 pm

thing is, when one learns how to love their reflection in the mirror, one greatly reduces their need for anybody else in their lives, it becomes a possibly useful option rather than a necessity painfully denied.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

I don't trust my reflection. It lies. I'm either hideously ugly or really hot.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:17 am

my reflection so far has not lied, I just had to learn how to look at it in the right way. :idea:

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:32 am

I think my brain changes what is actually there. Well, the human brain does actually do that. That's why we have optical illusions. I just think that mine is a little less reliable.

On a good mood day I might think I look great, but if I'm feeling down I look hideous. It doesn't seem to affect pictures though, just the way I perceive my reflection. Although lighting makes a big difference, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:39 am

I have been tempted to doctor my photos of me in photoshop, but have resisted so far.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:42 am

I would doctor my photos. Except I used to instead give myself green skin or pink hair instead of making myself look better :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:51 am

I could get rid of wrinkles and age spots and moles and chicken neck, but I don't. :oops: see what you have to look forwards to? ;)

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 2:05 am

I'm not looking forward to it at all. Maybe if I look backward instead I'll be twenty again :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 2:06 am

a dream is a wish your heart makes Image

Monkeydoo
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2016, 10:19 am

If it were that easy to lose weight, surely 2/3 of Americans wouldn't be overweight!

I'm technically under weight - but mostly just a stringbean, from a family of skinny-but-healthy stringbeans - and putting on 10 lbs is pretty much an impossible challenge.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 10:51 am

Monkeydoo wrote:
If it were that easy to lose weight, surely 2/3 of Americans wouldn't be overweight!

I fear packing on the pounds can be pretty easy for a lot of people.