HR/Management Harassment/Retaliation

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

mitchel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

https://twitter.com/savantdotwtf/status ... 1648606208

This all started when HR questioned my mental capacity instead of dignifying my concerns. The HR staff also refused to document my concerns about my manager because they were friends with his wife, who also works in HR, which is against our company policy. My management even tried retaliating against me via going after my review. An HR director has even tried inciting me in a meeting.

They've refused to acknowledge my concerns about this conflict and also refuse to engage with me in writing about them. Instead, they've questioned my capacity and have even said that I threatened them when I made a reference to 'Falkor' from The Never Ending Story. They then pulled my building access and forced me to take an independent medical evaluation due to threats, but listed no threats at all to speak of for me or the psychologist to address.

I may absolutely get fired for this, but I'm not going to get bullied anymore. Don't ever let people treat you as if you are less than them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 3:04 pm

Get another job before they fire you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

mitchel

29 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm

I worked 20 years to get here. I'm not going to quit if people like this are my competition.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 9:53 am

mitchel wrote:
I worked 20 years to get here. I'm not going to quit if people like this are my competition.
Suit yourself. Don't come crying to me when they've collected enough "evidence" against you to have you legally fired.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 10:01 am

I would be talking to an attorney versed in labor law ASAP, as this sounds like harassment.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 10:25 am

The federal Americans with Disabilites Act (ADA) protects disabled employees (including autistic employees) to retain their jobs with reasonable accommodations. If employees can't perform their jobs even with such accommodations, their employment may then be terminated.

However, employers may be found in violation of the ADA for failing to accommodate. This appears to be the matter at hand.

Gather as much evidence about your claim as you can while you are still employed. Record the dates and supervisors to whom you have complained, and their replies. Keep everything in writing. Ask that they reply to you in writing, as well. If you have witnesses among your coworkers, ask them to write statements about what they have witnessed (they might not want to get involved, so you can write down what they have told you).

If your employment is terminated or you have been given a written warning of termination, find a workplace-discrimination lawyer. Every state and most major cities have nonprofit groups with these lawyers. If you can't find one, try your local ACLU.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kcizzle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2016, 2:34 am

Not to be unsympathetic, but Fnord is right. Those emails you've just shared on twitter are internal and will have the usual disclaimer on the bottom about who can view them. Whatever your original issue was with HR has now become irrelevant as you've shared internal company emails on twitter tagging the CEO of Microsoft (why!!?) and the official Microsoft account, while accusing them publicly of nepotism. Find another job while they're still doing the admin required to fire you.
I really hope you this works out for you.

mitchel

08 Mar 2016, 9:07 pm

Promoted :)

Satya apparently whipped them into shape!

#badgestillworks

mitchel

18 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm

Meeting with the VP of HR next week to discuss my concerns with her as well. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself if you feel like you're being mistreated. Just be willing to be wrong, be willing to forgive (and educate people) and you cannot go wrong.

kcizzle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2016, 2:57 pm

Really glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end. It shows they value you as an employee and are willing to talk things through, which is pretty cool and definitely not always the case. Nice one all involved :)

Globestyle
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2016, 1:52 pm

The emails aren't on Twitter anymore. Can you give a brief summary of what the issue is?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:35 pm

Probably best he doesn't at this stage, Globestyle :lol:
I'm glad this has been resolved, OP.

mitchel

22 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm

An HR Manager tried to say that I was bipolar and refused to dignify any of my concerns, I proved otherwise after being diagnosed with Savant Syndrome and added to Darold Treffert's Savant Registry (after a car accident/head trauma). Even after doing that, they still tried to sell me as inept and I taught them some lessons.

Now I'm working with a Ph.D. Mathematician and Data Scientist on predicting service defects/outages at scale. I still have to share the same halls as everyone else that harassed and retaliated against me though, they all just look at the ground now. No one has been punished or reprimanded or fired to my knowledge either.

I'm actually meeting with the VP of HR on Friday, the GM that was a real piece of work will be there too. I've done this all on my own, no support from a single co-worker, no lawyer or friends to really give me advice. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm looking them in the eye and they seem to be looking at the ground. Sometimes that's the only validation the world will give you.

I'll happily get more in depth for you all when I have some time. I have nothing to hide on this matter, I have done nothing wrong. It's just a lot to write because it requires me to catch you up on 2+ years of my life for any of this to make a lot of sense.

mitchel

04 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

Update:

I was ultimately fired after speaking with journalists about my experience and have since written about it on Medium

Link:
https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-to-g ... 2980d33bfe