Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm

People have told me I'm "stiff", "abrupt", and the one I get the most (Since I'm a very socially unaware and clumsy, but also socially outgoing and confident) that I'm "Just my own kind of person."

Basically the perspective I get from others is "eccentric" and that basically nobody knows how to communicate with me, despite the fact I usually take control of the conversation.

CryingTears15 wrote:
Sadly, I do not converse with enough people on such things to know if such religious interests are normal... Those who I do converse with about fiction seem to be interested in how it pertains to the scope of the author's/actors' work... I don't bring up my analysis of my chosen character, and I appear less intelligent because I never paid attention to the actual creators.

A similar experience often happens to me. Often I will talk to someone about my favorite subject, having a universe of knowledge about a specific aspect of any subject, only to feel dumb because the other person starts talking about basic principles of the same subject and I don't know any of them, just a very specific area of the subject.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 8:52 am

Dannyboy271 wrote:
People have told me I'm "stiff", "abrupt", and the one I get the most (Since I'm a very socially unaware and clumsy, but also socially outgoing and confident) that I'm "Just my own kind of person."

Basically the perspective I get from others is "eccentric" and that basically nobody knows how to communicate with me, despite the fact I usually take control of the conversation.

CryingTears15 wrote:
Sadly, I do not converse with enough people on such things to know if such religious interests are normal... Those who I do converse with about fiction seem to be interested in how it pertains to the scope of the author's/actors' work... I don't bring up my analysis of my chosen character, and I appear less intelligent because I never paid attention to the actual creators.

A similar experience often happens to me. Often I will talk to someone about my favorite subject, having a universe of knowledge about a specific aspect of any subject, only to feel dumb because the other person starts talking about basic principles of the same subject and I don't know any of them, just a very specific area of the subject.

Yeah but the other person is assuming that you DO know those basic things, unless you're saying that you don't. Same with CryingTears and the characters. People assume you at least have a rudimentary knowledge of them, because THEY do.

I can see how having a special interest in Hell would make people uncomfortable. I haven't met a lot of religious studies people, but the ones I have known have not talked about their knowledge. I think that's a little weird. If you spend all that time on an interest, why wouldn't you talk about it and share what you've learned? So probably religious knowledge of any kind makes people uncomfortable because they misinterpret it as the religious studies person trying to tell them what to believe or how to act.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 7:05 am

Using more time and multiple choice and memory of incorrect answers went from
1st attempt - 20 to

Reminds me of some people who memorize eye chart at motor vehicle exam or memorize there way through 4 years of Spanish..
But I digress....
Side note what do you think it do with emoticons.
:o

I have them up in my 3rd office

Cactustelefonogato
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

Most, if not all of my friend's comments are positive; they always appreciate that I'm practical, honest, authentic, clever. Must be because I got tired of forcing myself to interact with people I dislike and because I'm a blunt douche so I won't get any closer with that kind of people and only stick to people that actually appreciate me as a person. Of course i'm aware I might be "tactless" and "eccentric" but I couldn't care less 'cause almost all my friends are that way so lmao