22 Apr 2007, 9:12 am

Sopho_Soph wrote:
People can never hear me when I talk.

Same here.

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 10:12 am

I always talk too fast, especially when I get excited.
I normally talk too loud, not too soft.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 10:20 am

0_equals_true wrote:
But more often they just turn away mid sentence.

That's funny, because *I* often turn away mid sentence- while I'm the one speaking! My friends always used to laugh about this, because half-way through a sentence, I would turn away and go into my room to get something, and they wouldn't be able to hear the rest of what I was saying.
But yes, I'm always asked to speak louder in class, and I have trouble doing it when asked. But at the same time, my brother will get upset with me for talking too loudly sometimes, so I guess I don't pay attention to how loud my voice is a lot of the time.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 10:52 am

I usually talk to softly. Everyone is always telling me to be louder, but I can't help it. Sometimes I talk too loudly though, and people have to tell me to be more quiet (usually if I'm talking about something that they think is inappropriate for other people to hear though. haha). That is rare though. It seems I just can't get the right volume no matter what.
But if I get really angry, you better believe I'm going to be loud. :wink:

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 11:30 am

I always talk softly. Unless I get too excited and then I can make quite an embarrassing ruckus.

Just today I went to get me a burger and went I went to ask the lady in the drive-through for some ketchup, she had to ask me to repeat myself. She craned herself outside of the window to hear me. I enjoy just blending into the environment or stealing away quietly, unnoticed. My cousin will come over and he always has a bad habit of rasisng his voice when he's talking. So you get him on a roll and within 5 minutes of talking, he's practically yelling. I am constantly having to remind him to hush down.

My brothers are the same way. we also enjoy a quiet, intelligent conversation.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Apr 2007, 12:37 pm

i talk very loud, and high pitched mostly :D :x

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 1:15 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
But more often they just turn away mid sentence.

That's funny, because *I* often turn away mid sentence- while I'm the one speaking! My friends always used to laugh about this, because half-way through a sentence, I would turn away and go into my room to get something, and they wouldn't be able to hear the rest of what I was saying.
But yes, I'm always asked to speak louder in class, and I have trouble doing it when asked. But at the same time, my brother will get upset with me for talking too loudly sometimes, so I guess I don't pay attention to how loud my voice is a lot of the time.

yep I might do this but I'm trying to speak to them. I find it hard to understand why they do this.

People have got upset becuase it was too loud too. weird :?

Sakhmet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Apr 2007, 1:25 pm

I usually speak too softly, and I also sound like I'm eight or something, so that's no help! I also tend to talk very quickly, especially when excited, so my accent trips people up a lot... Sometimes though I'm too loud, and I can't tell the difference at all! Very confusing...

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 2:47 pm

I went out again today and I had to work very, very hard to not get overexcited and to not start talking very fast and very loud. It took a considerable amount of effort. Much more than it should normally take.

I wish just for once I could become ungoverned and just talk as excitedly and as fast as my mind really wants to go. It takes so much effort to just stay focused and quiet that it leaves me physically drained at the end of the day. It takes too much energy.

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 3:46 pm

I have always talked very quitely, and like others to talk quitely and softly also.

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 4:38 pm

Especially when I was little. People were always telling me to speak up. I'm guessing this was the main reason my Aspieness was misinterpreted as shyness.

"Do not engage us in further irrelevant discourse." Seven of Nine

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Apr 2007, 5:33 pm

I am very soft spoken if I speak at all. I had delayed language development
when I was little.That is why most people with whom I grew up with thought I was ret*d,
even today when I speak, it is only a few words and never very loudly. People yell at me
to talk up, then I snap at them or lash out at them. I avoid situations where I need to be
speaking for any great length of time.