How would a country run by autistics and aspergians look?

Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2017, 3:49 pm

I tried to reply to this on Saturday morning but lost the reply in a timeout and to be quite frank i didn't have the heart to start again and still don't tbh.

I also tried to PM you ardentmisanthrope23 but as i'm a lowly sub whatever number poster i can't PM, so i have no idea how to move this forward.

This notion is entirely achievable but like anything big it has to be broken down into bite size chunks to be managable, making what may seem insurmountable easier to accomplish.

Currently in the UK there are bits of legislation we can use to create as close to an aspie 'country' as is possible, this is not theoretical nor dusty old laws that are unused, i know communities that are living this way, and if i wish i could join their groups. BUT this is about so much more to me.

It's about a group of people in society whom are never given the chance to fully realise their potential, written off, discarded and driven into isolation and despair. This isn't 'supported accommodation' or some other NT idea of progress, its about creating and manifesting our own destinies, shaping our lives and supporting ourselves independently of outside revenue streams (DWP, Councils etc).

What the end vision becomes lies in the hands of those that wish to be a part of shaping the outcome, Jacque Fresco knew this and only sought to ignite the consciousness of such ideas as the venus project, not to create the final version.

This is as grassroots as a project like this can be, literally starting from day one, if you are interested in being part of the foundations in this either speak up in this thread or pm me (i think i can receive PMs) if i dont reply then assume i cant receive them.

“The great appear great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!”

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2017, 11:35 am

A meeting will be required at some point, how would you feel about that?
It isn't easy for us at times. If I may ask, are you a high functioning or more neurodivergent autistic?

I won't assume.
Would anyone else be interested in a meeting our friend, floundering, here?

Hope you aren't planning to start a cult. :D

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Floundering

20 Nov 2017, 12:37 pm

Ardentmisanthrope23 wrote:
A meeting will be required at some point, how would you feel about that?

Not sure if you've twigged, but i'm not one for hiding away in the basement.

Quote:
If I may ask, are you a high functioning or more neurodivergent autistic?

I'm an aspie, so HFA i suppose.

Quote:
Would anyone else be interested in a meeting our friend, floundering, here?

I've got digital infrastructure in place that would allow anyone to participate in this, so face to face isn't a barrier to inclusion.

Quote:
Hope you aren't planning to start a cult. :D

Been there, done that, got the headlines. ;)

I'll be frank though, i don't want to do this here, it isn't a safe place for someone like me to share my experiences in and amongst off grid communities, it would just give too much away about who i am, which is not something i'm willing to do in this specific environment.

As i still can't send or receive PMs this is going to be problematic.........Errrmmm............

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

Have to be honest, your last paragraph sets off alarm bells...I will hold back.

Be careful guys, frankly I perceive dodgy things here.
So floundering, sorry I will have to pass

You sound like you are running from something, and not society as a whole, but trouble.

If not, apologies, but I will not do anything to risk these people.

If you are a certain Irishman with a book out, I don't know why you are worried, MB.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2017, 11:15 am

Better than the train wreck that's running most of the world's governments now! Actually the world would probably be a better place if we ran it, it's much more difficult to brainwash an Aspie into growing up to be a bad person than it is an NT.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

Floundering

21 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

UNTIL THE PERSONAL ATTACK IS REMOVED I WILL REPOST MY RESPONSE

All that for trying to start a meaningful conversation.

Wow. What the actual f**k. Good luck pal, I don't want anything to do with YOU, what sort of an a***hole does that to someone? You make random, incorrect accusations in order to tarnish someone YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, in a poor attempt to call into question their intentions, let me tell YOU pal, i don't need YOU, or anyone else to make this happen for those closest to me, we have the resources required as WE already live a very sustainable life, i just thought that an intentional community of likeminded people was something some of you may see as not only attainable but actually desirable.

But i totally forgot how this place works, “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

I intend on doing totally the opposite.

And now in order to take anything YOU say seriously, i would like you to provide 3 pieces of information which would make you identifiable.

Oh sorry, whats that, an objection to sharing personal information that would allow others to attain your identity, don't make me laugh.

And Mark Boyle? Why would Mark be posting here? Thats who you mean isn't it?

But both me and you know that's not whats going on don't we, would the same thing happen if i posted Erin go brach? I think so, classic 'No blacks, No dogs, NO IRISH'. By the way, i'm actually a northerner, albeit of some historical Irish extraction.

So all in all what an over reaction to trying to find a way to swap email addys.

Anyway i'll leave you to your fantasy life, living with your mum and dad; Dreaming of ways to get off the hamster wheel, good luck pal.