How would a country run by autistics and aspergians look?

Page 6 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

A country or nation-state is not a good goal at this time, and it is counter-productive to discuss when there are no physical communities.

The first groups to set up physical communities or sustained regularly scheduled gatherings will set the agenda for future communities and events. When there are institutions with resources and material barriers to entry and exit, much of the discord you see in some forums, such as the above-mentioned Aspies For Freedom, will not be an issue, because people will have to commit some sort of resources or reputational capital to joining these future institutions. It is difficult to imagine someone driving to an event for the sole purpose of telling the attendees that the event will not happen. If a person wishes to do so, they are free to buy a ticket, and I hope they also enjoy some Tesla Fries at the event or gathering.

ASPowerationsReturns
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jul 2016, 9:34 pm

I actually don't think it would be a very well-run country. Legislators need to be good at predicting how people will behave if the laws change in any way, and I think we're particularly bad at that.

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2016, 7:07 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Different. Also, less social, less large-group-activities. Anything requiring the concentration of large numbers of people to pull off would be seen less frequently. Unique contributions to improving societical infra-structure would probably increase. A much greater diversity will probably be seen in art, music-types, education will likely be based on an individual's strengths and interests rather than some cookie-cutter formula, innovation would probably be greatly improved, the expected adult-age would probalby be when one is at least 25+ or even 30+ rather than 18+ like it is now, more automations would probably be seen running our repetitive menial-tasks, etc.

For the more negative side of things, too many chiefs and not enough indians may result, causing more disagreements as to whether or how something should be done, possibly preventing anything from even being done at all. Certain ASDs may not necessarily get along with other ASDs as there may be differences in opinions due to varying degrees of experience/knowledge, preventing certain projects from even getting off the ground, various kinds of work or projects may not even finish due to a random change of interest or thoughts mid-work, etc. Various projects may not be completed in any consistent manner, due to ASDs working on the project, but then getting burned out and having to take a break from working on the project, thus leaving a ton of unfinished projects everywhere. Although eventually work may resume on said projects again after having been ignored for a few days or even weeks or months and maybe even in same cases years before the ASD returns to resume on said project.

Like I have mentioned in a previous post, Aspies are like the Inventors, and NTs are like the distributors or replicators of those inventions. Aspies are more like teachers of how to fish where-as NTs are willing to go about doing the actual fishing. NTs can be more like the people who keep things running as they are whilst ASDs see the inefficiencies of how things are run but may not necessarily be able to run the operations themselves. Aspies have ideas that could potentially improve society whilst NTs are more about maintaining society's current structures (thus keeping the structures from either decaying or collapsing).

I have a lot more to say on these matters but maybe I will analyse it in more thorough detail on another day. Actually, I will add that countries would not exist, for all locations would simply be referred to as land-masses. Any system in which there are countries, with one of those countries being Aspergian, will simply end up being a repeat of the Story of Troy, with the builders building protection-structures, because they wanted to be left alone to live and work in peace without bother from war-mongers, but were easily deceived and invaded through their defenses by the Trojan-Horse Attack.

If the aspie ruled country also included other non-neurotypicals then the other non-neurotypicals might be able to do the work neurotypicals do.

Where is this country going to be anyway? Most if not all land in the world are claimed by various governments of countries with neurotypical society?

Bushmaster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2016, 2:09 pm

Ardentmisanthrope23 wrote:
fnord, stop negging and take this seriously, come on. :lol:

Don't we get bored of moaning about poor us? Let's try to make our own corner of this world. Do we really want to keep leaving our destiny in the hands of people(NT's) who don't even like us half the time? :roll:

we should take inspiration from Theodore Herzl (1868-1904) and the Zionist movement. the establishment of a Autistic homeland will not be easy and shall be marred in chaos at first but one day we will be like a city on a hill with a blue banner flying in the distance.

"If you will it, it is not a dream" -Theodore Herzl

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 4:28 pm

Bushmaster wrote:

Don't we get bored of moaning about poor us? Let's try to make our own corner of this world. Do we really want to keep leaving our destiny in the hands of people(NT's) who don't even like us half the time? :roll:

we should take inspiration from Theodore Herzl (1868-1904) and the Zionist movement. the establishment of a Autistic homeland will not be easy and shall be marred in chaos at first but one day we will be like a city on a hill with a blue banner flying in the distance.

So who's land will Autistics steal to establish a nationstate? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2016, 1:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:

So who's land will Autistics steal to establish a nationstate? :lol:

Most if not all the land(even ones that do not have humans living in them) in Earth are owned/claimed by countries or are governed by treaties.

Neurotypicals can say who gives non-neurotypicals/aspergers the right to steal land.

Non-neurotypicals can say who gives neurotypicals the right to treat non-neurotypicals badly.

It's not stealing if you are getting land as a form of compensation for the actions of neurotypical society.

RoyalBlood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2016, 9:32 pm

We are a country run by a lot of spectrum folks just not enough.

TheBrownienator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2016, 10:00 pm

I would probably be up for it but there are some problems I can see with it. One of the main problems I could see is what happens when someone has a child who is nt or would because everyone would socially awkward then would he/she become socially awkward by watching us? Also, what if the Island we started our great country on was tropical, everyone's senses would be going crazy.

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2016, 3:15 am

TheBrownienator wrote:
I would probably be up for it but there are some problems I can see with it. One of the main problems I could see is what happens when someone has a child who is nt or would because everyone would socially awkward then would he/she become socially awkward by watching us? Also, what if the Island we started our great country on was tropical, everyone's senses would be going crazy.

The population of non-neurotypicals can be maintained by non-neurotypical immigrants fleeing oppression instead of procreation.

An non-neurotypical ruled country with neurotypicals can work with an apartheid democracy where neurotypicals should not be allowed to vote ,be involved in politics or have a government job because of security issues, after all if neurotypicals are controlled they can't hurt non-neurotypicals.

An island might not be a good place to start a country.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 11:46 am

Bushmaster wrote:

It probably says something about me that I associate that quote more with a fat guy taking a "Pomeranian" bowling than I do with Israel or Zionism.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 3:21 pm

I like this as as thought experiment, but in reality, I don't think I would actually want to live separate from my NT friends and families. I'm pretty open though.

Among my thoughts:
* Stores will be closed at certain times and open the rest
* My ideal society would be one or two centralized areas, while the rest is remote rural population.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:21 pm

v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
It's not stealing if you are getting land as a form of compensation for the actions of neurotypical society.

And who will decide this compensation is valid? 'They're mean to me' isn't a justification for theft, even if your goal is to establish Autisrael.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2016, 3:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:

And who will decide this compensation is valid? 'They're mean to me' isn't a justification for theft, even if your goal is to establish Autisrael.

Why let neurotypical society decide if neurotypical society treats non-neurotypicals badly?

Why let neurotypical society dictate how you live your life?

Neurotypical society doesn't view the way neurotypical society treats non-neurotypicals as bad so why should non-neurotypicals view getting land as a form of compensation from neurotypical society as theft?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 6:49 pm

v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:

Why let neurotypical society decide if neurotypical society treats non-neurotypicals badly?

Neurotypical society doesn't view the way neurotypical society treats non-neurotypicals as bad so why should non-neurotypicals view getting land as a form of compensation from neurotypical society as theft?

How should they do it, even if they come up with claims to an area, it's filled with people. Do you suggest removing the existing population in order to accomplish this? You advocate theft and then attempt to rationalize it into something else and seem to be heading toward suggesting violence as a means to achieve this poorly justified theft.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2016, 1:39 am

funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:

How should they do it, even if they come up with claims to an area, it's filled with people. Do you suggest removing the existing population in order to accomplish this? You advocate theft and then attempt to rationalize it into something else and seem to be heading toward suggesting violence as a means to achieve this poorly justified theft.

Non-neurotypicals could buy land and negotiate autonomy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:31 pm

v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:

Non-neurotypicals could buy land and negotiate autonomy.

States are notoriously unwilling to cede sovereignty over areas except to other states. Even if you created an island (ignoring the cost of such a project) some state would cease it from you unless you possessed adequate ability to resist. All other land on earth is claimed by at least one state, and since you would have no legitimate grounds on which to make your claim to be the new state with sovereignty (including even owing the land), no states would recognize you, and your actions would be considered essentially theft and insurrection. Recognition is the main way states gain legitimacy and you'd be unlikely to succeed at establishing that.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う