How would a country run by autistics and aspergians look?

Page 8 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

WolfWhiteFire
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2016, 8:05 pm

Wouldn't it make sense to start with something more realistic like a city or town founded somewhere by mostly by people who have aspergers or autism, in some countries at least, cities are still bound by state and country laws, but they also have their own laws created by people who live there to suit them better as long as those laws still abide by the others. Also if there were an "Autistica", why would it need to only be people with autism living in it. Way I see a country like that, it would be more so people with autism are equal to people without, and due to a higher concentration of people with autism, people without who grew up there I would think would be more used to people with autism, and understand the differences better, reducing the amount of bullying and discrimination due to ignorance.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:33 pm

Hey to all of ya'll still discussing on this thread. I have created a thread for a test country run by autistic people.

viewtopic.php?t=331286

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2016, 11:09 am

An autistic state already exists on the banks of the Danube. It is yet to be settled though.

http://autisticstate.prophpbb.com/topic47.html
Here is the map of the area.

http://imgur.com/t72Sa9M

WolfWhiteFire
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2016, 3:21 pm

I looked at it, and can't really tell whether it is a joke or an actual thing, if it is an actual thing, cool but there didn't seem to be many people commenting or anything.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2016, 10:10 am

It is an actual thing, me and another guy went to Croatia last year to claim it, but unfortunately we were beaten by Liberland and due to the publicity the police were very wary of anyone in that area. The group has become dormant due to lack of interest/commitment. Maybe that will change if we get a large enough group of people to commit to the project, looking at how Liberland has developed, it does have a chance of success. If we have enough people, we could even take Siga from Liberland.

life_observer
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

I think the measure by which we can determine when a true autistic culture and society has been achieved, is the degree to which we are able to help and nurture all of our own people, on a permanent and sustainable basis. The physical place, norms and building plans are all of secondary importance to this basic test.

A large part of the climate of rejection/ostracization surrounding autism, in NT culture, is fueled by the burdens (perceived and actual) that are placed on the caregivers of people who are on the more highly-pronounced part of the autism spectrum. As a result, while NT children are seen to have a "future" that is independent of the supports they received from their family in early life, non-NT children do not share in this same vision of an independent future. For various reasons, Western culture has not provided for a place to fulfill this destiny.

That future is in our hands, and is our responsibility to achieve if we wish to declare an autistic culture as an equal, ethnographic group.

To achieve this, I would say that there have to be more fundamental discussions taking place regarding, for example, a universal language that is accessible to everybody on the autism spectrum. I suspect that it would be far more visual than auditory/phonetic in nature. This is only one example, but it underscores how many aspects of the culture are shaped by administering the simple test stated above.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 10:15 pm

Ardentmisanthrope23 wrote:
In a way you could say we are like cats, they are like dogs. I love cats, their nature so reminds me of myself, happy to be with people a bit, but then I want my space and I can't escape from them.
Whenever I see cats being picked up for the hundredth time I know that "meow" really means "nooo!" I really don't like the way people force their "affection" on them....reminds me of how they are with us.

Strangely enough, I don't even need to pick them up because they come up to me of their own free will anyway. Even though I wouldn't call myself a "cat person" (or "dog person") they seem to sense something about me, something familiar.

Anyway, the nation of "Aspergia" would perhaps be better off having an entire planet to itself (terraformed Mars?), because eventually the outsiders, with their abrasive personalities and need for constant adventure, would try to force their way in. We would need a strong navy to keep the invaders out and our own nuclear deterrent. I simply cannot imagine the outside world keeping its distance, and I would not want a repeat of what happened when Cortes arrived in the New World.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 10:25 pm

Bushmaster wrote:
...we should take inspiration from Theodore Herzl (1868-1904) and the Zionist movement. the establishment of a Autistic homeland will not be easy and shall be marred in chaos at first but one day we will be like a city on a hill with a blue banner flying in the distance.

"Blue banner". Not the blue puzzle piece though. :thumbdown:

wariodude128
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2017, 2:52 pm

A country run by Auties/Aspies would be very efficient and sensible. The country would most likely be run under a one party system where the leader of said party is only so because they have the ability to know who the other people in the party should be in charge of. Also, sarcasm would have to be kept to a minimum because from what I've heard a lot of people of the Autistic spectrum. Everyone who has a job would have it because they are inherently interested in it. There would be work hours, but only for those who need breaks. And even then, the employees would most likely bring their work with them. Crime would be nearly non-existent because everyone would know what it's like to not have what belongs to them and not do it. In the unlikely chance someone did do something wrong, the offender would most likely own up to it and go out of their way to right the wrong they committed. Currency might not be a thing. If only because a lot of people with ASD would probably not understand the idea of giving bits of metal to someone for something they want or need. So if they need something, they would go visit the pharmacist and say they need a couple of pain killers for something and they would get it. Science would be a big thing. Fashion would be all over the place. With everyone having their own idea of what they want to wear. Those are just off the top of my head.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2017, 10:48 am

Ah...wariodude I am very sarcastic. I guess we'll need a social custom :roll:

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2017, 11:05 am

We could treat autistic savants like our wise advisers on specific elements of maths, record keeping, and various special interests. They would be admired. And our more neurodivergent sisters and brothers could be given truly respectful care, and technology to communicate their needs.

I would now like to suggest a manifesto. Who we are, and who we want to be as a people born from all peoples.
E.g
Firstly, I will start with this. The scourge of ethnic prejudice will not be tolerated amongst autistics. They are sister and brother in neuro divergence. Ethnic identity is respected, and given equal status, for anyone. We are a people born from all peoples.

What do you think? Let's come up with ideas, and then see if we can knock up a document.

But I care. A lot.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2017, 11:09 am

It can evolve and change a lot. It's an idea and I want it to belong to all of us .. And let's bring a little wise positivity and love.

But I care. A lot.

kielera714
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2017, 11:52 am

As someone with Aspergers who is planning on getting into politics......It'd look like s**t.We tend to be very stubborn and a lot of us are as illogical and as maladjusted as a lot of NTs. An entirely ND government would never accomplish anything.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 3:15 pm

be a bit like divergent

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2017, 6:30 pm

Do we really think that little of ourselves, kielera? We are not less than nt's we are different. The world is hard because of their prejudices. Let's stop sharing them.
I am glad not to be like them. I don't have to think like them.

I appreciate I am sounding nt phobic. I just think they have a pathology we don't need to share.

But I care. A lot.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2017, 6:41 pm

2nd manifesto suggestion...no autistic should presume to speak for all of us, but should consult the community, and arrive at total consensus... Democracy obviously, but also novel methods of representation, that we can tailor in our way to close down the possibility of despotism developing... does anyone else have an idea about a 3rd manifesto suggestion? I leave it all to you for the next few pages...or I'll be breaking the 2nd. :roll:

But I care. A lot.