Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 2:45 pm

My husband does end up in the hospital a lot because he has several medical conditions... but an exact as I can get it quote from our doctor to him:

"Your wife has poorly controlled schizophrenia and shes looking up crazy stuff online then convincing you to go to the er."

First of all, my mental health doc thinks I'm doing well.

Second, he has medical emergencies and he makes up his own mind to go to the er.

The doc aparantly has gotten mental health involved with this...

I had a screaming meltdown in the parking lot.

What do I do?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 3:30 pm

At the very least, this is incredibly unprofessional and unethical behaviour by your doctor. If he thinks you may be schizophrenic, he should say so to you, and has no place saying it to another patient when you are not present - the fact that you are married to the other patient does not change that one jot.

I would be inclined to change doctors if possible - I don't see how he is supporting either you or your husband's best interests. It is also grounds for a formal complaint about his ethics should you wish to take it further.

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2016, 3:58 pm

Angnix wrote:
My husband does end up in the hospital a lot because he has several medical conditions... but an exact as I can get it quote from our doctor to him:

"Your wife has poorly controlled schizophrenia and shes looking up crazy stuff online then convincing you to go to the er."

First of all, my mental health doc thinks I'm doing well.

Second, he has medical emergencies and he makes up his own mind to go to the er.

The doc aparantly has gotten mental health involved with this...

I had a screaming meltdown in the parking lot.

What do I do?

Some questions to clarify the situation:
1. Have you ever looked up some medical stuff and then talked with your husband about it?
2. Do you have a schizophrenia diagnosis? (or anything with "schizoid" in it)?
3. Have you been present when the doctor said this to your husband or is it what your husband has quoted?
4. Is the doctor a GP?
5. How well does the doctor know you?
6. Why did your get a screaming meltdown?
7. You asked what to do. How do you feel about just doing nothing?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 4:36 pm

I keep having problems with the site answering this...

Basically I do have a schiz dx and the doctor said it in front of me and she's my GP also. But it wasn't a very nice thing to say when she's just my GP and not my patch doc.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2016, 11:26 pm

The answers to the other questions would be more interesting. I had already guessed your answers to 2-4.

In case that its the captcha step you are having trouble to pass in order to post, you can get back to your already written reply by using the page-backward flash twice and then try to post it again.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:13 am

Yes, I look up medical stuff and talk to husband about it. Had the doc for a few years. I have meltdowns all the time, more and more lately. But that doesn't make her right.

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2016, 1:57 am

Angnix wrote:
Yes, I look up medical stuff and talk to husband about it. Had the doc for a few years. I have meltdowns all the time, more and more lately. But that doesn't make her right.

Thanks.

Answer to question 7 is still missing: how do you feel about just doing nothing?