Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

raspberrypink
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2016, 3:48 pm

RubyTates wrote:
Hi Andreger,

I know it sounds hokey- but have you tried vitamin b12 shots? I used to suffer from bad anxiety and depression and once I started getting those shots, they started taking the edge off. Also, I was deficient in many vitamins. I took 2 forms of antidepressants and they turned me into a zombie. You get to a point of feeling good, but then you just plateau, and the withdrawal of coming off them is like trying to quit cold turkey on a cocaine addiction. I hope your situation is not too dire, if you ever need advice or just to talk and you don't want to call those hotlines you can always reach out!

How did you find out that you were vitamin-deficient?

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

Suicide hotlines are not meant to substitute therapy. They are there to talk you out of suicide and keep yourself safe. They are also there to talk to you in a crisis whether you are suicidal or not (because some people we just desperately lonely and haven't left their house in days).

If you need therapy, you need to talk to your GP. I guess because you are American you would have to check your insurance and see if it can cover that treatment. I don't know how it works if you are on Medicaid/Medicare either and I know that the system is totally broken in the states. Still, a hotline service is not the same thing as seeing a counsellor or a therapist.

But please, if you are feeling suicidal, use the hotlines - they are there to help you.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 12:02 am

Fnord wrote:
I used to work at two such hotlines.

That is awesome. I don't think I could deal with the pressure.