Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Balbituate
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2017, 8:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Back in the 80's or 90's Sixty Minutes did this tongue-in-cheek segment about Finland. And its gloomy culture.
But there is hope. They were importing a big dose of ...tango! But even the Finnish version of tango is not quite the same as the familiar hot blooded Latin American kind of tango.

I love both versions of tango.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 11:29 pm

Thanks for...giving me an excuse to post one of my favorite scenes from the movies.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 1:58 am

Scottish people are autistic.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:12 am

If the world is Autistic, then Filipinos are NTs. :lol:
To the point that Western Psychology somehow describes the Filipino Personality like a cynical Aspie describing an NT complete with monotonous and technical descriptions and the like. Seriously... Even informal or heck, cynical natives that may or may not have a pseudointellectual streak, just minus monotones.

I dunno... I don't base the Autistic culture with traits and desires alone. :|
What would happen to autistics who aren't reserved, shy, or quiet? Who aren't into STEM subjects and the like? It mattered a little if the cultural traits stems from the NT theory of mind.
I'd say, I base the Autistic culture with the Autistic theory of mind -- and I'd sought an NT culture that developed something a bit similar or at least accustomed to said theory of mind -- where they expect that a native could be different from another. And no, it's not multiculturalism.

Ironically, I may or may not have been with such NT culture with all my life. :wink: Since I'm a pessimistic about it, I'd bet the latter. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.