Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

Donald Trump Warns of 'Riots' if Party Blocks Him at Convention

One day he talks about uniting and healing the next day he says stuff like this. If this were one partner going back and forth like this with thier partner it would be called a textbook case of an abusive relationship.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

It's not a threat - it is the truth. The People are speaking what they want and if someone who isn't even in the running like Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush gets the nomination because of a brokered convention, there will be riots. It would be the same if it was happening to the Left so quit making Trump out to be the bad guy.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:02 am

IOW the party will be split along its fault lines.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:08 am

Seems like he is broadcasting to his followers that they should riot if things dont work out.

They may have rioted anyway.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:19 am

where's the popcorn? :mrgreen:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:25 am

nurseangela wrote:
It's not a threat - it is the truth. The People are speaking what they want and if someone who isn't even in the running like Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush gets the nomination because of a brokered convention, there will be riots. It would be the same if it was happening to the Left so quit making Trump out to be the bad guy.

I do agree should the situation occur rioting is likely to happen. Trump set up and unprecedented situation that a poitical party would make a serious attempt to deny a candidate with a massive lead and is drawing a significant number of people from the other party the nomination and has incited his supporters.

As for the left they did not riot when The Supreme court put Bush in office despite Gore having a significant lead in the popular vote. I do agree they would riot now and they rioted like crazy in the 60's. I understand this idea is moribund these days but two wrongs really do not make a right. Making threats one day and bieng nice the next day works, the numbers of people staying in abusive relationship is testiment to that. That does not make it right either.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:29 am

But according to TIME magazine, rioting is a good thing:

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:30 am

auntblabby wrote:

Innocent people get hurt and killed, and business that people slaved over years to build up get destroyed in riots.

arabian1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2016, 12:39 am

No the supreme court simply said the same stardards had to be applied across Florida when carrying out a recount . I don't know why the left gets that confused so often. Several news outlets
,including many with a reputation of being left wing rags conducted independent recounts and found bush would have won Florida . Al gore won the popular vote by the smallest amount in election history . I guess the democrats couldn't get Ross Perot to run again and steal votes away from the republican candidate.next youll tell us bush and trump were behind 9-11.honestly trump is in the same league as the other clueless boobs running for president . He is a member of the oligarchy. Wake up people

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:41 am

Darmok wrote:
But according to TIME magazine, rioting is a good thing:

It's a good thing only when the Left does it - only then is rioting justified. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Innocent people get hurt and killed, and business that people slaved over years to build up get destroyed in riots.

was not diminishing the human cost but was relishing the splitting apart of the GOP with the rioting within the convention.

arabian1

17 Mar 2016, 1:11 am

I used to enjoy Time magazine but it has. Veered sharply to the left. Its like Newsweek now. Hopefully time goes out of business. Hopefully Newsweek goes out of business again.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

was not diminishing the human cost but was relishing the splitting apart of the GOP with the rioting within the convention.

Me too! It is a comment about the Convention.

A total win or not, Trump will have the most Delegates, and they are not going to let anyone steal the Nomination.

By the Rules, Trump Delegates will have the most seats on The Rules Committee. They will have the power to vote people out of the Party.

It is a Private Party, they could pass a Rule that only someone who won Florida could get the Nomination.

Talk of a Brokered Convention, Neocons running a Third Party Candidate, is just talk with nothing behind it.

Anyway, we riot with votes, money, and lawyers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:00 am

The situation is not likely because the Republican estsblishment has proven time and time again they are too stupid to control thier own party. Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan as their hope to swoop away Trump? Nikki Haley (who has endorsed Cruz) would be a more astute choice non white women fron the south who preformed admirably after the Charleston terrorist attack.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:05 am

So basically he wants his supporters to throw a big fit if he doesn't get the nomination?

:roll:

After a threat like this I'd be surprised if the republican party actually nominates him as their candidate. Are there really enough trumpkins to force a trump presidency through? doubtful.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:12 am

Having been a two-time national convention delegate (1996 and 2000), I should point out that this is the time of the year when 2016 conventions hammer out their respective rules. It can get quite hostile. Threats of protests, walk-outs and opposition-vote calls (the political equivalent of meltdowns) are common inside and outside the convention committee hearings (there is a strong possibility that Bernie Sanders will argue similar complaints against Hillary Clinton within his party). BOTH political parties do this every four years.

Nothing to see here.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 17 Mar 2016, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.