Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Good one!

Ironically, Congress will probably save us if Trump happens to win the Presidency.

If you think they hate Obama in Congress, check out how they'd feel about Trump!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:02 pm

^^^^ CONgress will pass his kills of PPACA and EMTALA though. :| his words "there won't be dead people in the streets" will come back to bite him in the @$$.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:08 pm

I feel it will be the same Obstructionist Congress---but it will be needed if Trump gets elected.

I've spoken to people who are usually apolitical, and don't get involved in this stuff. Both of Liberal and Conservative persuasion.

But an all-pervasive fear of Trump has bought them into the political dialogue. They just fear the man.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:16 pm

i'm MUCH more afraid of cruz the ooze. he is a one-man recipe for a theocracy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:19 pm

Cruz doesn't have much of a chance.

I'm thinking there's a chance that some dark house will emerge.

Especially if Trump doesn't get the required delegates before the Convention.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:21 pm

GOP insiders have already coalesced in cruz' corner.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:31 pm

Cruz would have a better chance in the general election, because he would have a better chance in Texas and Florida than Trump.

But I still feel he's too conservative to win.

Ironically, should he be elected, Cruz will become the victim of the same tactics which HE used while he was a Senator.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm

The b***h about Trump is that he has the most appeal to wannabe tough guys and gals.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm

ah, good ol' karma may after all bite cruzz in the @$$ :razz:

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 12:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Donald Trump Warns of 'Riots' if Party Blocks Him at Convention

One day he talks about uniting and healing the next day he says stuff like this. If this were one partner going back and forth like this with thier partner it would be called a textbook case of an abusive relationship.

Someone *fit* to be president would say "Though it is their right under law if i have not obtained the full quantity of required delegates, if that is the path they choose, i feel it is completely wrong and goes against the wishes of the many who voted for me. As such, if they choose that path and do not make me the candidate, i will have no choice but to revoke my gop agreement and continue my run as a third party."

Trump on the otherhand.. "Subtle" "suggestion" to his followers to riot.

What!? I was just sayin' they would. And if they do, well, they're passionate. My followers have a lot of passion. It's a beautiful thing to see. And they love me. You don't hear about that, the love. The media just spreads lies about riots. But they love me. One woman stopped and told me that she drove her whole day to see me. That's the kind of love we have. But you don't hear about that in the media.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 12:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel it will be the same Obstructionist Congress---but it will be needed if Trump gets elected.

I've spoken to people who are usually apolitical, and don't get involved in this stuff. Both of Liberal and Conservative persuasion.

But an all-pervasive fear of Trump has bought them into the political dialogue. They just fear the man.

I guess he's a uniter after all.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 9:57 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
So basically he wants his supporters to throw a big fit if he doesn't get the nomination?

:roll:

After a threat like this I'd be surprised if the republican party actually nominates him as their candidate. Are there really enough trumpkins to force a trump presidency through? doubtful.

There are.

Translation, as this was before the last round of votes, Give more money to Rubio for President, and we will have a Floor Fight for a Brokered Convention, after Marco wins Florida.

Marco lost his home State, his political life is over. Trump gained 99 Delegates at the Convention, which gives him the majority.

Brokered Convention was a last gasp fund raising effort. Only Our PAC stand between the Anti Christ and the Office of President!

All three major anti Trump PACs have stopped spending, cancelled anti Trump ads going forward.

Trump forces are no longer an insurrection, they are the Republican Majority of Delegates, who will elect the Rules Committee.

Riot is a measured term, Lynching is closer to the truth.

The voting is not over, Trump might not get the magic number to just win, but he will have enough to control the Convention, so no one else could win.

Now we get down to Cruz, a one term Senator who is universally hated by the House and Senate. He looks like Grandpa Munster with shark eyes. The only thing I remember about his Presidential Platform was going to war with Russia, or maybe Russia and China. Jesus told him to.

The Secret Service is protecting the candidates, but Cruz is also being watched, as he is one bullet away from getting the nomination.

No more debates, no free press, no adoring crowds at his rallies. Also, no more money. He benefitted from the Stop Trump Movement that was funded by Jeb. Trump owns a plane, Cruz is flying coach or going by bus.

The Media is out of date as they try to get views. It is over, Trump has won.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 12:55 pm

The fact that it is Cruz that is the second place guy has made it much more likely Trump gets nominated. If the second place person was anybody else party would deny Trump and nominate that person which would anger people enough but to pick a person 40 points behind or a person who sat around playing golf while the people actually running went through exhausting efforts is much much more destructive.

Also it splinters the party much further. It is not just people that believe anti Trump at all costs but also people who think Trump is the lesser of two evils, people who think Cruz is the lesser of two evils, people who are anti Trump and Cruz at all costs.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm

Hopefully, Trump will fall short of the required delegates when it's time for the Convention.

Then we shall see. Maybe they'll nominate some "compromise" person whom nobody ever expected would be even under consideration for nomination.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 5:43 pm

I am swagging the smoke filled room will produce Cruz and Kasich, and a massive walkout as a bonus.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 5:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
I am swagging the smoke filled room will produce Cruz and Kasich, and a massive walkout as a bonus.

And Bernie will win all in a miracle finish. Don't Bogart that smoke my friend, pass it over to me.

My regret is that no humans ran for the office, maybe Jim Webb, that were fit to preside.

Now it is a blood and guts fight to keep Congress from running the country.

Trump is running a classic hostile takeover on the Republican Party, and none of them ever had a job.

The fight is won at the Stockholders meeting, with votes and proxies.

What Trump can offer his supporters is, even if we lose the White House, you will be the Republican Leadership.

There are people in the Party Leadership that have been holding on since Nixon. The Religious Right moved in due to segregation. Neocons since the end of Viet Nam crippled War Industries.

Stopping Jeb, we now have an opening to have a Post Bush Era Party.

The people who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, people under forty, people raising children and dealing with the current economy.

If Trump does not win with this mess of a Party, position the Party to win in 2020.