Dating with a different maturity level

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 1:31 pm

People say you should date your own maturity level. I'm pretty much 15 or 16 emotionally. I'm like that for my life stages as well.
Unfortunately dating other people at my maturity level is illegal. I also find my maturity level unattractive. Is it really that bad to date other maturity levels?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 1:52 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
People say you should date your own maturity level. I'm pretty much 15 or 16 emotionally. I'm like that for my life stages as well.
Unfortunately dating other people at my maturity level is illegal. I also find my maturity level unattractive. Is it really that bad to date other maturity levels?

I just looked up apparently the Canadian age of consent is 16, so shouldn't be illegal for a 19 year old to date a 16 year old. It also appears a teen under 16 can consent to sex with someone no more than 5 years older provided said person is not in a position of authority, which means 15 shouldn't be illegal for you either.

I would certainly recommend checking specific laws in your province or whatever....but its looking like it wouldn't actually be illegal. I feel like it helps if two people in a couple have similar maturity levels, doesn't mean they have to have the exact same maturity level in all things though. But yeah I'd say me and my boyfriend have similar maturity levels and we're 5 years apart. I don't think it's wrong to date other maturity levels but it might be more of a challenge.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 2:26 pm

Go out with somebody your own age--but who is somewhat "immature."

There aren't too many 19-year-olds out there who have their own place, a job, etc. Many people that age don't really act all that mature.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 8:00 am

I think it's not worth concentrating on ages and just the people themselves. There is nothing wrong with dating younger (as long as it's legal). My aunt is 4 years older then her husband and they don't even thing about it. As you get older age has less meaning and their is likely someone you age who also had a lower maturity level.

I also had this problem as I seemed younger maturewise. I was 19 when I met my now boyfriend who was also 19 and luckily we were on the same maturity level (something I hadn't often found before)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 8:46 am

If you're 19 then most guys your age are probably on the maturity level of a typical girl at 16 anyway. So dont worry about it. Its the women your age who expect guys to be on their own maturity level who have the problem, not someone like you likes them immature. :lol:

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Mar 2016, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 8:48 am

She primarily wants to date girls.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
She primarily wants to date girls.

Oh! That's right.