Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

You know those moments. Those "oh man! That was so epic! I wish I recorded that!" moments. These moments can be in any game, be it a video game or table top game. I have a small hand full so I'll start off:

In no particular order:

1. Battlefield 3 - First time playing it on my brother's PS3, I was flying a jet as a Engineer when I noticed a tank being commandeered by a guy on the other team. I ejected, and landed behind him, throwing down some C4 then blew him up. He didn't suspect a thing. I laughed like a maniac for a few minutes.

2. Modern Warfare 3 - I was playing on Dome in TDM, close to the end of the match. I managed to get a Predator Missile, used it, guided it through one of the tears in the Dome, and killed a guy, for the endgame KillCam. The guy literally screamed "What the Hell?!" or something into his mic. It was glorious.

3. Modern Warfare 3 - Playing FFA on Village, using the G36C with a Suppressor and Kick. I went 30-0. (I'd love to provide proof but I'm unable to find any Match History thing of any sort :cry: )

4. Magic the Gathering - A buddy of mine was playing a game of Commander with me. He was close to death by 2 health and he died with my Palace Siege (via Dragons; kept selecting it every upkeep). It was hilarious. I was also near death myself at like, 4 or 5 health?

5. Battlefield 3 - I went 126 Kills and 15 death or something in a TDM match with high Tickets on Canals. I wasn't even looking at my K/D during the match so I was really surprised when I saw it when the round ended.

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 12:52 am

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - when the game turned from an action-adventure to horror.

The Walking Dead - stitching up Clementine's arm; watching Carver die; Jane and Kenny's fight scene.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 2:01 am

metroid prime: the escape from the research lab in phendrana after the power goes out and you are left with your thermal visor as the only means of seeing. an then ambushed by invisible pirates.

best.

turn down the brightness for added spookiness.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 3:08 am

Magic: The Gathering. Specifically, some tournament or event (a small one) that I went to, where I took a particular turn... that took 40 minutes.

I dont remember exactly when this was, but there were a couple of sets of cards that were extremely focused on multi-color creatures and spells and lands, and there were a ton of cards in these that would pop out and do something, but also bounce something else back into your hand.

After a lengthy match, we both had like a TON of cards out on the board, and I had one of those moments of inspiration that happens every now and then, as I spotted a *huge* combo, and by "huge" I mean "involved many, many cards". Bouncing things in and out of my hand, changing card colors, more bouncing, more changing, other stuff happening, gravity reversing, cats and dogs getting along... it was nuts. And it took 40 damn minutes to explain. The judge sat there the whole time, trying to understand what in the bloody hell was going on. I've always been the "rules lawyer" type when it comes to this game, so I was able to explain it in extreme detail. When the dust settled, half of the board had been annihilated and all sorts of other things had happened. Opponent gave up.

I've always been good at screwball combos in games like that, but... that was a very unique case.

cthulhuhead
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm

My best moment in a game was in a Battletech campaign my dad was running. It was where I had nothing left but my good ol' MAD-II (Marauder 2) on the map, and he had an undamaged Puma (I despise those things!) and a damaged Loki (He had at least two Loki's in every battle we played), and I decided that I would make a last stand, for I knew there was no way to defeat a Puma that just entered the battlefield in my present condition (I knew I could probably kill the Loki).

What did I do? I first shot at the Loki with my remaining ER PPC. It's engine took it's last critical (I am partially thankful for XL Engines in that way), and it died. It's Pilot failed to eject safely (Poor Clanner!). So what did I do next?

I got lucky. Shot my Heavy Gauss at it, and it was a headshot. The Poor Clanner (obviously) died instantly and I ended up with winning the battle, with both my precious MAD-II intact and it's pilot mostly undamaged. Got a ton (battletech joke, kind of...) of salvage, was able to hire seven new pilots (I felt bad for having lost the previous 7), and get some awesome new Mechs for both the newly christened "Revenant" Lance and "Phantasm" Lance. I ended up winning the campaign, but that is a different story.

Good dice-rolling times.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 10:04 am

That one time I got a triple kill with an Air Strike in Worms WMD.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2018, 1:01 pm

-The New Donk City festival in Super Mario Odyssey

-Seeing the final form of Kirby Planet Robobot's final boss for the first time

-Getting the final evolution of your starter in Pokémon

-The cut-scene with the Happy Mask Salesman after you get the Ocarina of Time in Zelda: Majora's Mask

-Fighting Culex in Super Mario RPG

Some personal moments of mine:

-My older brother and I were playing Bomberman 94, and he was beating me 4-0; he only needed to win one more round. Then I won 5 rounds in a row and beat him!

-Once when I was fighting a molduga in Zelda: breath of the Wild, I activated Rivali's Gale RIGHT when the molduga was about to rise out of the ground and chomp me. I was barely above its jaws when they closed!

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2018, 11:13 pm

coalminer wrote:
-The New Donk City festival in Super Mario Odyssey

-Seeing the final form of Kirby Planet Robobot's final boss for the first time

-Getting the final evolution of your starter in Pokémon

-The cut-scene with the Happy Mask Salesman after you get the Ocarina of Time in Zelda: Majora's Mask

-Fighting Culex in Super Mario RPG

Some personal moments of mine:

-My older brother and I were playing Bomberman 94, and he was beating me 4-0; he only needed to win one more round. Then I won 5 rounds in a row and beat him!

-Once when I was fighting a molduga in Zelda: breath of the Wild, I activated Rivali's Gale RIGHT when the molduga was about to rise out of the ground and chomp me. I was barely above its jaws when they closed!

I need to play BotW more; last I played I defeated all 4 Divine Beasts and then started the Champions Ballad DLC

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 4:46 pm

In DOOM (2016), I loved the opening minutes. The first few seconds in which you are shooting with a pistol in your hand, without some long ass cutscene. The moment where some guy is giving you a briefing over a computer and your character rips the terminal out while the player is thinking how long winded this is going to be. The elevator ride down with the awesome soundtrack, and how it syncs the pump action of the shotgun to the last part of the music track. I knew then it was going to be something special.

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
In DOOM (2016), I loved the opening minutes. The first few seconds in which you are shooting with a pistol in your hand, without some long ass cutscene. The moment where some guy is giving you a briefing over a computer and your character rips the terminal out while the player is thinking how long winded this is going to be. The elevator ride down with the awesome soundtrack, and how it syncs the pump action of the shotgun to the last part of the music track. I knew then it was going to be something special.

Yeah it really is a great game

Also, if you take the soundtrack At Doom's Gate on youtube and up the Speed to 1.25x the speed it's a slowed down version of the E1M1 Theme from the original 1993 Doom game

Self Diagnosed

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 8:48 am

It's a lot of fun to play XCOM Enemy Within, have six mecs rampaging through a level punching everything to death and if necessary healing each other with the mist. One shot of mist can heal the whole squad. You can just steamroll over most things in your path without stopping. 8)

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2018, 12:58 pm

Drake wrote:
It's a lot of fun to play XCOM Enemy Within, have six mecs rampaging through a level punching everything to death and if necessary healing each other with the mist. One shot of mist can heal the whole squad. You can just steamroll over most things in your path without stopping. 8)

coo 8) I've thought about getting that a few times when it was on Sale on Steam, but I'm not sure

Self Diagnosed

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2018, 7:44 am

One memory I have which I don't think i'll ever forget (I hope)

When me and my cousin were kids we used to play a lot of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on the PS1. One particular track we were on was the one with the wooded areas, a bridge and a train track. I remember speeding around the corner just before one of the bridges on the cliff edge and either my cousin hit me, or I drove at an angle into something, but whatever it was, it sent my car flying so damn high off the cliff, I would have never been able to pull it off if I had tried! I'm pretty sure me and my cuz laughed about that for weeks!

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2018, 3:17 pm

jon85 wrote:
One memory I have which I don't think i'll ever forget (I hope)

When me and my cousin were kids we used to play a lot of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on the PS1. One particular track we were on was the one with the wooded areas, a bridge and a train track. I remember speeding around the corner just before one of the bridges on the cliff edge and either my cousin hit me, or I drove at an angle into something, but whatever it was, it sent my car flying so damn high off the cliff, I would have never been able to pull it off if I had tried! I'm pretty sure me and my cuz laughed about that for weeks!

Awesome

Self Diagnosed

SpectrumFox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2018, 10:48 pm

Always a Fun topic. In no particular order:

Pen and Paper-As the Storyteller/DM in an Iron Kingdoms game had to come up with the proper dice rolls and difficulty for a play created catfight as a distraction to keep people focused on them while the rest of party snuck into a tavern's basement. As a player in a DnD 3.5, after our party had been 'shafted' by the lord whose daughter we saved...Telekinesis, a stable, and a delayed blast fireball...

Miniatures-Heavy Gear Blitz-My dinky little Wild Ferret Gear lives after the largest model in the game tries to back up over it, and then the Wild Ferret gets credit for the kill by dropping its hand grenade next to the tank before wheeling off

Video Games-Too many to count...Finding out I liked healing in SWOTOR after swearing off healing in MMO's and seeing I was halfway decent at it, Tanking fights in games with odd build/gear set ups just to prove its possible.

In all Games: When I choose to play odd or thematic lists/decks/characters/etc and even if I don't beat the WAAC/minmax/meta if I make them sweat and utter three particular words, that's always a bright spot and win for me