Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

The blue porch light is for supporting law enforcement.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
The Rainbow-Infinity graphic symbolizes neurodiversity, not just autism.

As such it promotes the idea of endless possibilities instead of a problem (ie a missing puzzle piece), denotes a spectrum instead of a binary (normal vs abnormal) and is far more inclusive. It also evokes a helix as a reference to DNA to remind people that, "diverse neurological conditions appear as a result of normal variations in the human genome."

Also, the first time I heard the slogan, "Light it up Blue" I assumed it was a campaign by cigarette companies.

That sounds like something Don Draper would have thought up for Lucky Strike. ;-).

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 1:00 am

Edenthiel wrote:
ehymw wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Rainbow colors do seem to be attached to LGBT+ people, but maybe that isn't such a bad idea. Recent research suggests that, while about 3-5 percent of a population is gay, lesbian or bisexual, about 10 percent of autistic females are gender dysphoric while, similarly, about 10 percent of the female gender-dysphoric population is autistic. In other words, sexuality among female autistics is much more diverse.

As for Autism Speaks, wear red on April 2.

That 3-5% is way to high.

3.4% is the commonly accepted, low end, most conservative figure & does not include anyone who doesn't fit the question criteria, people who don't "identify" as gay, people who are closeted, people who engage in same sex relationships or sexual activities yet consider themselves straight...basically that 3.4 only reflects the most secure, extreme people.

Also, the HHS study that produced the 3.4% low end baseline figure was criticized somewhat sharply for it's methodology that guaranteed undercounting. The figures were gained by locally hired people going door to door in states/areas that often were fairly conservative asking the person who answered the door if they were gay.

IIRC the CDC put the estimate somewhere between 1.5% and 3%

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 2:31 am

finally i have en excuse to post this snapshot i took last week.

home depot, they stock these around this time of the year. this year they seem to have sold well, last year there was a box full of them hardly touched.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

LIUB is like the Nazis plan to take the capitol much, and the Nazis plan to "Eradicate" the Jews. Is Autism Speaks's Plan to "Eradicate" Autistics. Thats how it is.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm

:D Made a Post on this site. Mostly of, A$ Supporters, Tell me if it is to long..