Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FriendlyHougen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

I heard things going around that Autism speaks is a hate group, is that the case? I was just curious because if it is that's kind of mean

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

My parent reads more about Asperger than I do, so I was only juuust told about this video

Summary, Autism speaks does not speak with any Aspies on their side, They are completely NT run, and that
they use manipulation techniques to fund awareness about Aspergers but these type
of people are actually discriminating us and looking into prenatal causes of AS/Autism
and I can only hope where you can see what they are trying to do by researching that.

(if you haven't watched the above video, then you should.)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm

Long story short that video tells you everything you need to know and don't let autism speaks speak for you.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

They don't speak for autistics and seek funding to stop it, not help those who already have it.
They don't listen to autistics, either.
They certainly don't speak for me.

Pergerlady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2016, 4:11 pm

Some people will disagree with me, but I have numerous issues with Autism Speaks, including:
1. Most of the money they make does NOT go to autism research; it lines the pockets of their executives instead.
2. They want to "cure" autism and rid the world of autistic people.
3. The gosh darn "puzzle piece" implying that autistic people are a puzzle that needs to be fixed.
4. Their documentary, "Autism Every Day," where parents just complain about having to be "burdened" with autistic kids, and one woman admitted that she wanted to kill her autistic daughter...while the child was in the room with her.

Again, some people are going to disagree with me on this, and I'll probably get some angry replies, but in my eyes, AS is comparable to the Klan or the Westboro Baptist Church.

Mongoose1
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

kaiouti wrote:
My parent reads more about Asperger than I do, so I was only juuust told about this video

Summary, Autism speaks does not speak with any Aspies on their side, They are completely NT run, and that
they use manipulation techniques to fund awareness about Aspergers but these type
of people are actually discriminating us and looking into prenatal causes of AS/Autism
and I can only hope where you can see what they are trying to do by researching that.

(if you haven't watched the above video, then you should.)

Wow! This is educational!