The Truth AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: 2016 Election

Page 110 of 114 [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Oct 2016, 11:00 am

Trump does well in that environment, don't know how many people saw it but he's a funny guy. Got a good laugh from the 'pardon me' joke. Timothy Dolan seems like a good guy, he was the Archbishop of Milwaukee for a few years after some really tough years for the church because of sex abuse allegations and he's a really charming likable guy when you hear him speak with kind of goes against how you would stereotype a conservative Catholic Cardinal I think. I'm not a Catholic so I don't know what really goes into it but I think if there ever was to be an American pope then Dolan could be it.

That Danney Williams does like a lot like Bill and his mother passed a lie detector test by the FBI, I don't think it is hard to believe at all that Bill was visiting Little Rock prostitutes in Arkansas when he was governor. If he is Bill's son then abandoning him I think is really disgraceful, I don't understand how somebody could do that to one of their own and I have to feel Bill would know the truth. Williams is filling a paternity suit, it's something that needs to settled once and for all. Chelsea lives in a $10 million dollar apartment in Manhattan while this guy is struggling to raise 5 kids, they'd both be as much son and daughter of Bill if the story is true.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 11:09 am

Adamantium wrote:
How certain are you of that story, Aristophanes?

The BBC gave me a different impression, but you might have better sources:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-21794798

Quote:
"When the priests were kidnapped, he met [the then head of the navy] Emilio Massera to ask for their release," Ms Oliveira adds.
Fr Yorio and Fr Jalics were eventually freed in October 1976 after suffering months of gruesome torture at the notorious Navy School of Mechanics, the main clandestine detention centre.

I got mine from NPR about four years ago when he was elected, I'll trust them.

edit: this isn't the story I listened to, but it's does raise concerns. You're right, the didn't die, but they did get tortured and he did turn them in-- that's undeniable. As a former Catholic, I can tell you, the idea of church as a sanctuary is a fundamental belief inside the church. These aren't political standards, or social standards, but religious standards. Even turning a deaf ear to suffering is considered sacrilegious for a priest, especially in the modern church. To turn away one in need, even a reprehensible one, flies in the face of that doctrine.
Dirty War

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm

Interesting news for the women supporters of Clinton who want equal pay for women:

WikiLeaks: Clinton Foundation Paid Women Less Than Men. http://tiny.iavian.net/d289

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 3:47 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Interesting news for the women supporters of Clinton who want equal pay for women:

WikiLeaks: Clinton Foundation Paid Women Less Than Men. http://tiny.iavian.net/d289

It's equal pay for equal work. There is no evidence that this disparity is because people are being paid differently for doing the same job. It even says that in the article you posted.

"It difficult to determine if the foundation mistreated women, or if the pay gap is due to legitimate reasons. For instance, one high salary like Cooper’s can pull up the male average significantly given the relatively small number of workers. Experience levels and tenure with the foundation also vary."

"In short, there may be perfectly legitimate reasons why men made more than women at the foundation."

Again this is from the article you posted.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Quote:
"When the priests were kidnapped, he met [the then head of the navy] Emilio Massera to ask for their release," Ms Oliveira adds.
Fr Yorio and Fr Jalics were eventually freed in October 1976 after suffering months of gruesome torture at the notorious Navy School of Mechanics, the main clandestine detention centre.

edit: this isn't the story I listened to, but it's does raise concerns. You're right, the didn't die, but they did get tortured and he did turn them in-- that's undeniable. As a former Catholic, I can tell you, the idea of church as a sanctuary is a fundamental belief inside the church. These aren't political standards, or social standards, but religious standards. Even turning a deaf ear to suffering is considered sacrilegious for a priest, especially in the modern church. To turn away one in need, even a reprehensible one, flies in the face of that doctrine.
Dirty War

Interesting. It sounds like he may have learned some horrific lessons during the Dirty War.
Whatever the truth of it, it sounds complicated.
omnes enim peccaverunt et egent gloriam Dei

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

It's equal pay for equal work. There is no evidence that this disparity is because people are being paid differently for doing the same job. It even says that in the article you posted.

"It difficult to determine if the foundation mistreated women, or if the pay gap is due to legitimate reasons. For instance, one high salary like Cooper’s can pull up the male average significantly given the relatively small number of workers. Experience levels and tenure with the foundation also vary."

"In short, there may be perfectly legitimate reasons why men made more than women at the foundation."

Again this is from the article you posted.

It is possible. However, it still seems like a pretty interesting coincidence and I don't believe in coincidences. Also, they were getting on Trump about the same thing, but the way he pays his employees might not be a problem either. Like in my job, weekend option is supposed to get the same, however, they all get paid differently based on experience. It's all kept pretty quiet too, so no one really knows what amount people are actually getting paid. An employer can find a lot of ways to get around why an employee is being paid what they are. That's why there will really never be equal pay for everyone. Kind of a losing battle.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 8:38 pm

At my work the highest paid is a woman. It doesn't matter to me. What does is the salary initially agree on for me a couple of decades ago. Raises in family insurance premiums are a separate matter.

I have worked or consulted at several hospitals, but that's been since before 2000.
After that good money was through the D. O. C. (Department of Corrections) .. but as usual I digress.... 8) 8) :o 8) 8)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 12:50 am

I'm getting scared. This election is really getting weird. Now the Russians are wanting to come over to monitor the election! It's up to each state to decide. WTH?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 58ce45b418

I have a lot of thoughts about why this could be happening. This is really weird because we are close to war with Russia - now some are saying war is imminent.

Mr. AW could start a war so then he could stay in too.

Darn, I flunked.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 1:52 am

Adamantium wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Quote:

Dirty War

Interesting. It sounds like he may have learned some horrific lessons during the Dirty War.
Whatever the truth of it, it sounds complicated.
omnes enim peccaverunt et egent gloriam Dei

I should clarify, my main point with Francis is that at the end of the day, he is a politician, and not necessarily the Tim Kaine "ah shucks I've never offended anyone in my life" type he appears to be either. His isn't the only dirty war case with interpretation and gray area from my understanding, but you're right circumstance forces one to make decisions, and as a young man his decisions were very political for a religious leader. It shouldn't come as a shock, all the Cardinals are politicians, always have been, but contrast his politically tough decisions as a young man to the last beloved pope, John Paul II, and ask yourself which one do you think displayed a higher ideal of Christian morality, even under duress? In effect, which one is the "real deal"?

I actually like that Francis is attempting to move the church forward into hopefully at least the 20th century, put on a new face ('Buddy Jesus' from the movie Dogma comes to mind), and weed out some of the corruption in the institution. That said, I still do believe a man's morals are the ultimate judge of the man-- yeah, one of "those" people.
Especially for a religious leader-- there's a different standard there than a true politician because the post itself requires one to dispense morality to their followers. Ok, enough of my random Francis complaint...back to Celebrity Death Match, oops, I meant the election.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:32 am

Women already get payed the same, they just work less on average because they can have children and men cannot.

If Hilary loves women's rights so much, then why has she taken so much money from Saudi Arabia where women aren't allowed to drive and are punished for being raped?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

nurseangela wrote:
I'm getting scared. This election is really getting weird. Now the Russians are wanting to come over to monitor the election! It's up to each state to decide. WTH?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 58ce45b418

I have a lot of thoughts about why this could be happening. This is really weird because we are close to war with Russia - now some are saying war is imminent.

Mr. AW could start a war so then he could stay in too.

This isn't really that weird at all.

Putin was very angry when US election monitors correctly noted widespread fraud in several Russian elections, and particularly irritated by remarks made by H. Clinton at the OSCE and other venues. He wants to hit back.

There is also a suggestion that Russia secret services are planning to manufacture and then discover fake evidence of fraud in the coming election as part of the same program to destablize and weaken the US. This isn't a move for war, it's a move for a return to the kind of operations routinely launched by both sides in the Cold War.

There are no signs of preparations for a war between Russia and the US. The Russians would not be sending the Northern Fleet to Syria if they were about to launch a war on NATO, or if they were worried that NATO was about to attack them.

The US would have been redeploying specialized units around the world if they were anticipating a war with Russia.

All the massive logistical operations that would be needed to prepare for such a war are not taking place on either side, therefore it's not reasonable to conclude that anyone is preparing for such a war.

The rest is diplomacy and psychological operations.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:46 am

20 Score and a few months ago...

Was my first thought about the Gettysburg Trump speech.

What was yours, before during and offer.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

Trump remains a coward. He still hasnt released his taxes.

Also the apple doesn't fall far from the tree- his son is defending the comments from that old video. So sickening. Get a clue.. no one should be talking like that, period. This isnt just a decent human thing, this is a matter of- possible future president shouldn't be saying this crap. People have used so many excuses to defend Trump but its just sickening. Many athletes have stated that its not locker room talk! Just about any coach would bench players for that kind of garbage.

But whats worse is- the whole "rigged" comments that keep popping up. People can point to Wikileaks and say "it shows its more rigged" but honestly, there is no confirmation all those leaks are even true! It's clear Assange is against democrats more than anyone else. If he wasnt- he probably would've leaked (or done fake leaks at least) of Trump's stuff. Imagine how much garbage Trump has said in emails and more. I hope there is a late October surprise showing some of that because some of his supporters need to be woken up to the reality of his behavior.

Trump the conman/sexual predator/racist will get his punishment one day. I hope its with all the lawsuits honestly. Hopefully he can't rig all of them in his favor. There is more than enough proof Trump University (and I believe that Trump Institute or whatever) were scams and cons.

Before the usual "but Hillary is worse" nonsense is posted as a reply- I want to point out.. no matter what Hillary did (or did not do), it doesn't justify Trump's actions and behavior, period. The proof is out there that he hasnt paid people! You can't hide that. The proof is out there he says sexist and racist comments- also can't hide it! I strongly feel the people that arent bothered by it.. say similar things because they are that insensitive and just pigs. So horrible and unfortunate.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 11:26 am

Trump is a sexual predator and all around dirt bag. Truth! But Hillary has the backing of the establishment elites because they know she will continue to do their bidding and maintain the oligarchy. Viva neoliberlism!

Clinton supporters are really no better than Trump supporters. They are both supporting evil.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 1:09 pm

As you, you, you, you or I see it at the moment is our truth.

Sometimes mine matches reality.

Me
Still too old to know it all

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 1:34 pm

Trump presented his "100 days" list of things he wants to do (a fairly standard campaign activity for all candidates), and a lot of his items look really good.

Here is the anti-corruption category (#DrainTheSwamp) as summarized by the Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... clock.html

TRUMP'S ANTI-CORRUPTION TO-DO LIST
1. Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
2. Hiring freeze on federal employees to reduce the workforce through attrition
3. Requirement to eliminate two federal regulations for every new one
4. Five-year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists
5. Lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying for foreign governments
6. Complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections

Will Hillary also pledge to do those six things?

There Are Four Lights!