The Truth AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: 2016 Election

Page 90 of 114 [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 114  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 6:56 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Nope, will watch it alone while ****posting online :P

You get some of that Oculus money? :lol:

Everybody knows Jacoby is a full-time employee of the Koch Brothers. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:03 pm

Darmok wrote:
Everybody knows Jacoby is a full-time employee of the Koch Brothers. :mrgreen:

I thought I was the only tool of the Kochtopus here, Jacoby seems more like he's in Palmer's pocket. :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:04 pm

The Koch brothers, as far as I know, don't really care for Trump.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 9:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Koch brothers, as far as I know, don't really care for Trump.

Their policies are disgusting, but they're not insane.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 10:23 pm

Lester Holt: The Third Debater?. http://tiny.iavian.net/cjtw

UPI/CVoter state polls: Donald Trump ahead of Hillary Clinton in Electoral College. http://tiny.iavian.net/cjqg

Eight examples where ‘fact-checking’ became opinion journalism. http://tiny.iavian.net/cjm1

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 10:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I thought I was the only tool of the Kochtopus here... :P

Say, could you let them know that I haven't gotten my monthly check from them in a while? I know they're busy, but...

There Are Four Lights!

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 10:53 pm

No idea what transpired as I'm gonna watch it in a bit with some sandwiches, I've researched these two massively and seen every debate each has had on their trails here and listened to what they've offered repeatedly for months. Clinton disturbs me more than Trump even though she's a 'safer' bet, that's part of the problem, Trump is playing the game a lot smarter than many think, I always thought he'd flatten her under the lights so I'll see what happens. He's definitely a mixed bag, a sharp edged wildcard but that might be what is necessary.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 10:55 pm

anyone who saw that debate and is still for trump needs to have their head examined. trump is truly great at one thing: conning

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 11:03 pm

My head is just fine, thank you very much. And I'm going to be just like Trump - I won't sink to the level of saying everyone else who doesn't think like me needs "mental assistance". : - P

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 11:33 pm

trump has sunk to much lower levels. pretending to take the high road was a lame ploy on his part.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 11:39 pm

perhaps, angela, you can explain to me three SPECIFIC, FEASIBLE measures trump will take to help the middle class. trickle down (a big part of trump's plan) has been PROVEN NOT to work. people can scale a wall. anyway, net immigration is already zero. trade protectionism is likely to backfire. we will lose export markets. etc.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 11:40 pm

Adamantium wrote:

Staying out of people's lives?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:12 am

cathylynn wrote:
perhaps, angela, you can explain to me three SPECIFIC, FEASIBLE measures trump will take to help the middle class. trickle down (a big part of trump's plan) has been PROVEN NOT to work. people can scale a wall. anyway, net immigration is already zero. trade protectionism is likely to backfire. we will lose export markets. etc.

Hillary wants to "tax the rich", "tax the rich "," tax the rich". The Democrats say it over and over like a broken record. It doesn't work or they would have done it by now. Trump is right about lowering the taxes on everyone - that's the way to get the economy going again - not penalizing the rich.

This is why it won't work: I tried to pick a "reputable" source that I thought your side reads.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/ ... -problems/

Gotta get a few hours sleep and more homework to do. I've spent too much time on this stuff already.

Darn, I flunked.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 5:16 am

nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Hillary wants to "tax the rich", "tax the rich "," tax the rich". The Democrats say it over and over like a broken record. It doesn't work or they would have done it by now. Trump is right about lowering the taxes on everyone - that's the way to get the economy going again - not penalizing the rich.

This is why it won't work: I tried to pick a "reputable" source that I thought your side reads.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/ ... -problems/

Gotta get a few hours sleep and more homework to do. I've spent too much time on this stuff already.

It already been done, and it worked well; that was the way the go from the 30s (After the great depression begun.) to the 70s. Of course the richs didn't like that, so they used of propaganda to get their way again. By the end of the 70s their efforts brought their ideas as been the new economy orthodoxy and Reagan has been elected by promising that the tax cuts would bring prosperity such as never seen before. His promise never came to be beside "Tax cuts for the richs" been the orthodoxy for nearly four decades; maybe it's time to admit that it's don't work.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm

tax breaks for the rich have resulted in recessions and depressions, while high taxes on the rich generally see times of prosperity and advances such as the interstate highway system.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 5:51 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Staying out of people's lives?

Not at all. They pose as libertarians in order to conceal their strong interest in getting into people's lives.

They want to pump crude oil onto people's land, pump jet fuel into public waterways and spew toxins into the air that everyone has to breathe. They want to make sure their ability to make other people eat, drink and breathe their filth is unimpeded by government regulation. That's not exactly staying out of people's lives.