Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm

I am rather sedentary. I go for walks occasionally and clean up around the house, do my ADL's like shower, groom and eat.

For some reason, I feel like I'm under an enormous amount of stress and I feel like I could snap at any time.

I'm always grouchy. Nothing seems to cheer me up and if it does, it's not for long.

I'm snapping at people, saying things I wouldn't normally say to someone.

I'm wicked judge-y lately. When I see someone even slightly out of place, I think negative things about them or how absurd what something someone is wearing is. Trivial, superficial stuff. I don't believe what I'm saying, really I don't. I'm kind-hearted and sensitive and haven't got a mean bone in my body unless you've been depersonalized like you are on the interwebz so I can talk smack about you all I want because to me, you're a username. I should probably rethink that. :P

I feel like people simply tolerate me or are sometimes overly nice much like someone might be to a profoundly mentally handicapped individual. That got me thinking; am I mentally ret*d and people are just being super nice to me? I mean, read on. I'm a f**kup in the worst way.

Anyway, I can think of a few things that might be responsible:

My diet. I eat about what a bird does (not scaled) per meal and that's when I have a meal. So yeah, that's probably it. I have lost 21 lbs., after all.

Could be the changing of the seasons and the daylight savings time. Why would the government impose such a thing when people have heart attacks attributed to the stress of the change in their sleep cycle. Probably for the same reason cigarettes are still sold, I guess.

Could be that I'm taking three classes as opposed to my usual zero.

Could be that I'm trying to juggle too much between housework, feeling like I'm the only parent between my wife and me and school and a social life. Not many hours left in the day after watching 8 straight hours of YouTube!

Why the eff can't that time for me be spent doing something productive?

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with me?

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2016, 11:50 pm

Unfortunately I have no idea what this is called but I just want to let you know you're not alone.
I experience this stress as well.
Also: This is going to make me sound shi**y but I am very cynical and cynical of people who are cynical. Like, I hear my mum say something extremely bigoted, then I have extremely negative thoughts and I'm generally just very negative. (Sorry that my writing skills leave something to be desired, I just felt like I need to know what this is called)

Neo Redpill 101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2016, 7:06 am

You sound a lot like me. By any chance, did you experience any traumatic events earlier in your life?

I had a pretty messed up childhood and life in general, so I feel like although I'm getting stronger and growing thicker skin each year, I'm becoming more and more angry and fed up with people and life.

Do you ever feel like literally everything is boring? People often tell me I need "new hobbies" and when I do pick up a handful of new hobbies, it only provides temporary relief from the hell that is my life. I sometimes wake up feeling like I'm putting on band aid on a shotgun wound lol.

Just today I snapped at someone on the street. I got right in their face because it was a group of guys and they busted up laughing as soon as we crossed paths. I'm already on edge as always, so I made a U-turn and confronted them. They did that thing that they usually do when they aren't interested in fighting, which is play dumb like they weren't talking s**t when I'm almost 100% sure they were. I often use the anger and rage on exercise, but I don't trust myself.

I feel like I'm slowly turning into some sort of emotionally devoid monster that might one day do some terrible things. I don't mean to downplay your post at all, but I just wanted to let you know that I feel just like you and you are definitely not alone. Your post really struck a chord with me.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 3:31 pm

This sounds like depression. Irritation and anger are supposedly more common in men with it than in women with it, and the stereotype is to think of a woman who is sad and lying around all day (or maybe that's just my own stereotype?). Very very much like depression to me.

Therapeutically I could go on and speculate that you're both projecting your own judgements about yourself onto the world around you as a defense mechanism if you believe in either of those psychological theories. Biologically you should probably see a doctor.

Poor motivation