Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 4:43 am

Ok here is my problem :

I am trying to watch Youtube video on my workplace's pc (note that it's not blocked but i am facing some technical troubles ) , i have the adobe flash 9 installed and updated but still the video in youtube gives me a black screen with "loading" infinitively .
I uninstalled the adobe flash using the flash player uninstaller and reinstalled the flash player and shockwave for IE and firefox and i got the same problem ...on both browsers .

I tried to download a Youtube video using sites like www.youtubex.com and many others which all of them tell you to right click on the download given link and save as and rename its extension to flv ..this worked at home but at my workplace it downloads as get_media.htm in 2 kb of size ...so the video is not downloaded just the link of it .

I even tried some scripts with greasemonkey and nothing worked .

Note that this can't be firewall issue because i am having the same problem with other video sites using the FLV format .

any ideas?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:47 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Ok here is my problem :

I am trying to watch Youtube video on my workplace's pc (note that it's not blocked but i am facing some technical troubles ) , i have the adobe flash 9 installed and updated but still the video in youtube gives me a black screen with "loading" infinitively .
I uninstalled the adobe flash using the flash player uninstaller and reinstalled the flash player and shockwave for IE and firefox and i got the same problem ...on both browsers .

I tried to download a Youtube video using sites like www.youtubex.com and many others which all of them tell you to right click on the download given link and save as and rename its extension to flv ..this worked at home but at my workplace it downloads as get_media.htm in 2 kb of size ...so the video is not downloaded just the link of it .

I even tried some scripts with greasemonkey and nothing worked .

Note that this can't be firewall issue because i am having the same problem with other video sites using the FLV format .

any ideas?

I had the same problem. I uninstalled it, installed it again (from adobe.com) and restarted. Adobe has the most persistently annoying but buggy update system.

I actually have done development on FLV and SWF for export and it isn't and issue with this. It is probably some clash with the update.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 8:10 am

I even tried a standalone installer but nothing worked . 8O

I was told that some anti-virus softs may deletes some of the flash's files :?

but i assigned the Macromedia flash folder as exception and reinstalled but still the same probl
i am using F-Secure as anti-virus

and what i am not understanding that why on some PCs isn't wokring but on some it's working fine ???

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Apr 2007, 2:01 pm

In case there is some issue with www.youtubex.com you can try the site I use to get the download flv link http://keepvid.com/

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:11 pm

I beat my head off of a wall literally for a half and hour just a week ago with a neighbor's newer Dell...could not get flash installed no matter what I tried.

Try this thread...

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.ph ... 308&page=2

pg 2, post #17 is where I found my solution...deleting the folders manually and loading the full version from the link...