Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Apr 2016, 12:47 am

I never had a surgery till a couple years ago to correct my nose because the inside has been crooked my whole life & was contributing to some sinus problems & minor sleep apnea

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 10:46 am

No, thankfully.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm

If you're counting dental treatment, I remember having to have two teeth (I don't remember where, but I think they were the pointy ones) removed when I was about 7 in order to get the rest of my teeth to grow straighter. They gave me something that made my mouth go numb, and I remember having to miss the afternoon of school after and going home and attempting to sleep it off in my Mum's bedroom, and then when we went to school in the afternoon, I think to pick up my brother from nursery (Where children go before they start school in our country), I remember my Mum showing my teacher the teeth in a small container.

Other than that, no. I've been quite lucky, and I'm scared of the day when that may change.

LOLWUTAREYOUDOIN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm

I had a few mishaps as a child, but nothing that required really major surgery until I was in my 20's.

I had the bottom sinew of my tongue cut when I was maybe 12? I don't even remember why my parents had this done, but I suspect it had something to do with my speech.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 16.

I had my gallbladder removed a few years back, due to gallstones. This was probably the "biggest" procedure that I've had done, and it was done in a minimally invasive surgery.