Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselling Thread

Page 47 of 47 [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 2:44 pm

Have tried counseling but not for substances ,alchohol specifically but there just days when trying to cope is very difficult. And slip into a few vthree drink mode just to take the edge off . But have friends that love their beer
And the peer pressure ...... is difficult . Am not fond of most beers normally . But as the days get more stressful , I cannot just lie in bed all day . My body seems to prohibit this , after enduring some frustrations . Slip into the bottle
Have no one to impress or worry on me . Normally so , what the hec . Have endured some REALLY SERIOUS SH-T
In my life . So we’re does this end up . Turned to god occasionally but it seems am doomed to repeat mistakes
Of some kind or the other . Am so frustrated with my circumstance , I could just scream , an endless scream.

where ever you go ,there you are

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:52 pm

Jakki wrote:
Have tried counseling but not for substances ,alchohol specifically but there just days when trying to cope is very difficult. And slip into a few vthree drink mode just to take the edge off . But have friends that love their beer
And the peer pressure ...... is difficult . Am not fond of most beers normally . But as the days get more stressful , I cannot just lie in bed all day . My body seems to prohibit this , after enduring some frustrations . Slip into the bottle
Have no one to impress or worry on me . Normally so , what the hec . Have endured some REALLY SERIOUS SH-T
In my life . So we’re does this end up . Turned to god occasionally but it seems am doomed to repeat mistakes
Of some kind or the other . Am so frustrated with my circumstance , I could just scream , an endless scream.

Yeah I totally can relate to you. I've no one to impress either..
Drinking is a sad and often lonely road and in fact my longest relationship. Makes me happy, sad, angry and every emotion in between. Except I'm not particularly a nice person if I decide to drink a bottle of spirits say 15-20ish drinks in a few hours sometimes less. Can I scream with you???!? I'm sure it'd be very therapeutic. I am the biggest hypocrite when it comes to repeating mistakes.. I am sad, lonely.

IrreversibleMistakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2021, 3:47 am

I'm in massive pain. Alcohol problem + autism (with unique characteristics) + other big problems I don't wish to disclose.

The mental health services are at primitive level in public healthcare at least. There was no help, only poison pills were offered.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 10:10 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I think it is a great idea, but then I did say so lol. I think I have seen enough mention of peoples' alcohol issues and self medication issues to warrant a place for them to share and maybe advise and support one another in trying to break free of the addictions if they wish to.

Awesome!

School me! I need help ppls. :? :cry:

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 10:12 pm

IrreversibleMistakes wrote:
I'm in massive pain. Alcohol problem + autism (with unique characteristics) + other big problems I don't wish to disclose.

The mental health services are at primitive level in public healthcare at least. There was no help, only poison pills were offered.

Same here. Do you want to bump or chat about it? Happy to PM if you rather.

Valforwing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2021, 12:29 am

Alcohol puts me to sleep. So sometimes I drink to stop caring so much about everything and the lack of my brain thinking if 1000s I’d things I just settle down slow down and sleep. I’m a light weight so sometimes all it takes is just one ale and I’m out but afterwords I feel so much better. My dads an alcoholic so I’ve always been wary when u do drink. All though I think it might be a placebo effect since I had the exact same experience when my partner gave me a nonalcoholic drink with our telling me it was nonalcoholic.